13

I could feel the car shake as we drove. It wasn't anything bad, it was just the engine rumbling. I could see the road we were driving on. I could feel the pain hit my nerves in my wrist. The nerves sending signals to my brain.

"Rae?" I heard Colby's voice amplify. "Huh?" I lifted my head to look over to him. I could see his eyes glisten in the dark. "Are you alright?" The worried tone trailed. I could feel something inside me saying no.

Something is off.

I decided to tell him. "No." I sternly spoke. My words filled with no emotion. "What's wrong?" His hand touched my shoulder. I saw Sam's head turn to look at us. I looked back down to my lap. "Something is off. I'm not sure what it is. Something is just...off." I explained.

I looked forward to the road. "Something is off." I repeated. I saw quick glimpses from Jake through through rearview mirror.

"2 minutes. We're almost there Rae." Jake said, still focusing closely to the road. "Thanks Jake." I could hear myself smile. I could feel it creep up on my lips.

"Whats off?" Sam tapped my shoulder to get my attention. "I'm not sure. There's a feeling inside of me. I love being with you guys, it's just a feeling." I explained, but I couldn't find what was off.

"Could it be no makeup?" Jake asked giving me another glimpse. "No. I'm happy without makeup. It's just a feeling." I replied seeing Aarons head pop to see me in the back.

"Hey why did you stop wearing makeup?" Jake asked, seeing my glittered eyes. "Because I realized I don't need it anymore. I look better without it." I sat still and stared down at my lap. "Well you look good without it." Colby's voice had a happy and smiling tone in it. His low voice amplifying in my ears.

"Thanks." I smiled. Then all of a sudden the car came to a holt. "We're here." Aaron pointed forward showing that we had a front parking spot.

We stepped out of the car and quickly walked in. I held my wrist in my left hand, letting my hand rest upon my palm.

"Excuse me? Something happened to her wrist. She broke it or sprained it." Jake told the lady up front. "Ok." She called someone which came out immediately.

"Would you follow me please?" He only signaled me to follow him. I entered a room where there seems to be a white board with lines all over it. "Can you place your hand here." He commanded and pointed to the center of the board. I nodded and did what I was told.

"Ok. So the results are here. Would you like to see?" The doctor asked me. I ran up to the computer and looked at my wrist. "What does that mean?" I stared at it blankly.

"You didn't break your bone but you badly sprained it. How are you not crying?" He asked looking down at my right wrist. "I don't know. But it hurts so much." I winned. I couldn't prove how much it hurt because I wasn't crying, but he just told me "we'll get you a short wrist brace slash cast to help the sprain."

I held my hand in my palm and fingertips. We kept on walking through the halls. The lights reflecting off the tile floor have me a creepy vibe.

The doctor opened a door and had me walk in. He followed behind me and shut the door. "So this is a cast for sprained wrists. Can you stick you hand through so we know it fits?" I nodded and pushed my hand into the cast.

It fit perfectly. It was tight but not too tight. "Oh thank you. It fits well!" I was so excited to have my wrist get help. I could finally let my hand go. "Ok. Well if you ever have a lot of pain in the same area, which I bet you do now?" I nodded in reply. "We have this medicine, pain killers." He handed me a bottle of the pills.

"One a day will help it." I smiled and replied with a thank you.

We left the room so I could get back to the boys. I keep on walking down the hallway and saw Colby and Sam's hair colors along with 2 other brown heads. I tapped Sam, the blonde. "Hey!" I smiled and showed them my cast. "You broke it?!" Jake freaked. "No no no. I sprained it really badly." I replied so he could calm down.

Jake wanted to pay but so did Colby. "Let me do it." Colby calmly spoke. "No. I'm doing it." Jake snarled. "Ok, fine." Colby brushed his words away and crossed his arms as Jake paid.

"Thanks guys." I told everyone while Jake was still figuring things out. They all nodded, except for Jake. He was to busy to listen.

After paying we headed home. During this ride we didn't sit in silence. We listened to a bunch of music selections. We listened to pop(my favorite), rock (Colby's favorite), and rap. We didn't listen to much more than that. We weren't great fans of country music.

I had so much fun listening and seeing everyone dance to the music. I enjoyed seeing my brother and everyone else have a good time. I love seeing that these guys actually care about me. Not many of jakes friends actually care.

************************************

When we entered the mansion I told Corey, Devyn, and Kat about what happened. "It wasn't a break. It was a sprain." I explained, they nodded and listened to my words. "We that's great! Why a cast if it wasn't a break?" Kat asked standing up to get a closer look at the cast.

"It was a bad sprain that I needed one. And let me tell you I'm in soo much pain!" I wasn't exaggerating. It hurt like hell. "So, your not crying." Corey gave a confused look as he pulled out a pen from his pocket. "I don't know why I'm not crying." I shrugged.

He pulled my wrist slowly closer to his chest and wrote, with Sharpe, on my cast. I could see the signiture appear in black. "Oh. You wanted to sign." I looked back to Jake and smiled.

"You all can sign." I implied handing the sharpie over to Kat. She signed something I couldn't read cause it was upside down.

Everyone signed my cast, sprained cast. The black sharpie appearing on the white coloured cast. I liked it. I liked how the two colors go and match well. I thought of something.

______________________________________