15.

Waking up was a huge struggle. I felt my numb legs wiggle out of bed. My arms linked around the black blanket I was in love with.

I spread the blanket from behind me and let it rest on my shoulders. I looked over to Jake's desk that had a few makeup bags of mine. I nodded no and walks over to his desk. My eyes were still Drowsy but I still managed to grab all my make up supplies.

"Why do I even need this?" I asked myself out loud. I stole the bags off Jake's desk and stuffed them in my hands. I continued to walk out of his room and to the stairs. I looked out the window and realized it was still dark.

That's why I had a hard time.

I stumbled a few times on the stairs because of my drowsiness that my bare feet couldnt handle it. I continued walking then I saw Jake sleeping on the couch.

Seeing his tired self and resting body made me aw. I havnt seen him sleep so peacefully in a long time. I stepped outside and automatically felt the frozen paved ground hit the nerves of my feet.

I delt with the cold and just dropped my bags. Literally dropped them. Some blushing powder or the eyeshadow cases probably broke, but I didn't care.

I drapped the blanket over the chair that was in front of me. I ran over near the green fence to grabbed the fire pit. I dragged it over to the paved area in front of the glass doors.

I grabbed the match box that was laying right on top of the pit.

I don't need make up. It makes me ugly.

My thoughts over rode my actions. I quickly rubbed the red part I the match against the textured box causing the flame to show. I threw the flame into the fire with paper stuffed in between new wood.

I grabbed all 4 of my bags, 2 in each hand. I hung them over the burning and crackling fire. I thought deeper on if I should do this.

Why have it if you will never use it.

I nodded then, in slow motion, I dropped the pink, yellow, blue, and orange bags into the fire. I sat in the chair that burned from the heat.

As the moon hit my eyes, the heat roasting my legs from the fire, my eyes started to fall. The sounds of the chirping birds in the trees and the crackling fire. I could hear and feel the wind whistling and brushing against my ears and hair.

Then I was out. My mind went blank. All I could feel was emptiness, but not from burning up my make up, but from being alone out here. I loved being outside but I felt alone.

************************************

Someone was shaking my shoulders. I heard blurred voices clear up as my eye lids opened. I saw all 5 of the guys.

"What's going on?" The fire was just smoking and not in flames. "You were sleeping out here alone. So we came to wake you up." Sam explained. I looked to the hand on my shoulder and saw the rings of Colby.

"Why were you out here?" Colby's voice asked me. I stared down at the fire. I rose my hand and pointed towards it with the sprained wrist. They all looked down at the ashes and there was a few sparkles and zippers mixed in with the ashes.

"What did you burn?" Colby asked, kneeling down to meet my hight. "Because I wanted to burn my make up." I stood up and wrapped the blanket around myself.

"Hey that's colbys blanket." Corey pointed over to the black big blanket. "Wait what did you burn?" Jake asked looking down to the ground. Colby's hand still rested on my shoulder as I continued to walk for the glass doors. "My makeup." I replied and entered the house, Colby followed.

"Oh, I was using your blanket for the last few nights." I turned back to Colby. He looked at the blanket then back at me. "Your good but-" then I heard the door slide open.

"Why did you burn your make up?" Devyns soft high pitch voice asked then she appeared from behind him. I deffinitly didn't see her with them.

"Because I don't need make up." I rolled my eyes and continued walking up the stairs. "Rae. Can I talk to you?" Devyn sternly asked when I reached the mid part of the stairs.

"Yea." I scoffed and stumbled up the stairs. My attitude changed.

Devyn slammed the door behind me. "Why?" She worridly asked me with her shrugged shoulders. "Because, I don't wear it. I don't need it." I replied turning my back to her.

"This is not you, Rae. Just get better." Devyn calmly sighed. The door closed shut. I sighed realizing what I did. Did I just hurt Devyn and Jake. Please don't hate me.

I sighed again and face palmed. "Why am I such a jerk." I said aloud. I turned around and rested my hands on each side of my body.

I left the room full of guilt. I rubbed my hands together, even with the cast, and nervously walked down the stairs. I sighed again hoping they will forgive me.

"It's just weird." I heard Jake speak. "It is but she is who she wants to be." Colby's voice popped me. I walked all the way down the stairs so they couldn't finish their convorsation.

"Jake..." and again I sighed as my nervous hands rubbed against each other. I walked closer then lifted my head. "I'm sorry for being a jerk about burning my stuff earlier. I just, don't like make up anymore. And if your going to talk about me go somewhere more private." I looked back down at my wrist.

I imagined Colby's palm linked with mine. "You'll be ok." The flashback of straining my wrist. I nodded knowing I'll be ok with whatever he says.

"Ok, I forgive you just-" the scoff interrupted him. "Why? I know you Rae. You are in love with make up. It used to be your thing. You've only been here for a few days." I nodded and looked back up at them.

"I WAS in love with make up. I realized I don't need it. I look good without the foundation and icky eyeshadow, but I don't mind seeing it, I just don't like wearing it anymore." I heard the sigh escaping from me and Jake's mouth.

"Just be you. Ok?" Jake's reply stunned me. I stood straight and thought, like always. Be me. Be me. Be me. I thought those words over and over and over again. I could feel off about my personality but being me? I can't. So many things are wrong that I can't even figure out.

It's killing me to know that something is wrong. "You'll be ok." Colby's footsteps echoed. "I bet exploring with me and Sam will help." I smiled and nodded, lifting my head back up. "I would enjoy that." I looked and saw the blue eyes I loved seeing.

I would never have beautiful eyes but what I did have was different ones than jakes and his are plain brown. Mine were hazel and just a hint of green, which showed up better with my brown hair.

"When will we go?" I asked. I heard a hard glass hit the counter top. My smile still held on as my gaze shifted to Jake's finished drink. "Like I thought, just go be you." Jake left, making me speechless. "We can go now." I nodded and looked back to Colby.

"Colby?" I hesitated I'm asking this. "Mhm?" His hum gave my cue to speak. My mind hesitated but I continued. "What does it mean to be a girly girl?" Just saying those words shook me. I don't like being called that now, for some weird reason.

"It means and you are in love with skirts, dresses, and you are in love with what all other girls are in love with. Such as make up could drag you into that category." I nodded feeling pulled inside my stomach. "Why ask?" His deep low voice hit my eardrums I felt his breath against the bottom of my nose and my lips.

"Because, I don't like being called that." I replied. "Let's forget about this and go." I shook my head from his words. I agreed to leave and explore with him and Sam. I can't wait to experience the life of filming.

______________________________________