60.

*After Thanksgiving*

I smiled seeing Aarons girlfriend right in front of me. She was so nice, she's like one of my best friends now. She has the Sam amount of laughter as Aaron, and he laughs like crazy.

"So, it's great to meet Colby's girlfriend." She nodded with a tounge sticking out of her mouth in a teasing manner.

"Oh yea, you should've seen me before then. I was doing crazy stuff." I chuckled, taking a sip of my water. I rested my elbow on the table as the waiter came with our check. Aaron rose his hand saying, "I got it." I nodded.

"No, I do." I quickly took my credit card and stole the check from Aaron hand, sticking my tongue out at him. Apparently Colby wasn't able to make because of some catching up to do with Elton.

"Why did you take it?" Aaron whinned while crossing his arms across his chest.

"Because." I blurted. I stuck my credit card into a pocket in this foldable thing with the check.

"Let me take that for you." I smiled then looked up. It was a man. I handed him the check, laughing cause of seeing Aarons pouted face.

The man waited there. I have no clue why, but he was.

"Well it's not really busy so I could see if I could talk and hang out with you guys." He spoke. It sounded like he wants to just talk to us so I nodded.

He left quickly. He must really need friends, or worst, a family. I'm joking, he just wants to talk to someone in this empty restaurant.

"He seems like he needs to talk to someone." Tori said while Aaron went back to laying his arm on Tori's chair. The man came skipping back over to us.

"My boss said I was able to talk. I'm just bored out of my mind." He said, wipping his forehead. He stole the seat next to me.

"So what's your guys' names?" He asked, leaning on his elbows.

"Tori, Aaron, and myself, Rae." I pointed to each and every one of us.

"My name is Masonex. But that's confusing to people so please call me Mason." He seemed so nice. We nodded to the difficult name.

"Geez. Masonex? That's very unique." Aaron spoke, leaning forward on his elbows.

"Yea, my parents wanted a unique name, but no one wants to call me that so everyone calls me Mason." He explained. We nodded in response.

"Well I'm 19." I rested my hand on my chest indicating about myself.

"22 and Aaron is 23." Tori spoke up out loud. Mason smiled, reminding me of Colby for some reason. His smile showed his teeth and his small dimples, not as great as Colby's smile though.

"Well I'm 21." He said. He look over to me and smirked shortly.

"You dont look 19. Maybe 21 aswell." He politely snickered in a happy manner. I smiled and rose an eyebrow.

"Well I'm 19. Gonna have my birthday soon." I said, smiling to the thought of celebrating mine and Colby's birthday together.

"When?" He replied. "What's your birthdays? Mine is Decemember 21" He asked and replied to himself. Wow. His birthday is a few days before Christmas. One of the best holidays.

"Jan 3." I lifted the corners of my mouth, glancing over to Aaron. Tori and him both said their birthdays. Aarons being February 7 and Tori's being May 4.

"Well let's just say, today was a long day of work. I'm exhausted." Mason rubbed his hands around his face, trying to erase the tiredness off his face.

"Well I enjoy exploring and going around places, how about you guys?" He asked, trying to bring up a great convorsation.

"Well, heck yea! I explore with my best friends Sam and Colby. " I pumped up out loud. I literally kinda hopped in my seat and my arm lifted ever so slightly.

"Wow, ok." He chuckled and so did I.

************************************

After awhile the restaurant was about to close. We talked about hobbies and time with my brother and friends.

"Well it's gonna close. It was great talking to you guys." He smiled. I nodded and stood up in my chair as everyone else followed. I pushed my chair in and looked down at my feet.

"Hey." He spoke in a whisper as Tori and Aaron softly talk to each other.

"Yea?" I ask, lifting up my head to meet his green eyes.

"Here's my number. Just being a great friend. I had fun talking to you and your friends." His smile grew as he pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket. I nodded, grabbing it into my hands.

He lead us to the front glass doors and said goodbye to everyone.

"Goodbye, nice talking to you." I saved bye as my other hand held the piece of paper.

"Bye." He waved back , but not as excited as I was. I paused and looked back through the glass doors to see him gone. I looked at the paper as I walked back to the car.

Masonex number
##########

Of course I'm not showing his number but it just showed a patch of numbers in a row.

I grabbed my phone as I booted myself into the back, left, seat. I logged into my phone the went ice to contacts. I quickly typed his number in and named him Mason.

I smiled and typed in "hi." To make sure it worked. I let my phone rest in my lap as I felt a vibration on my thigh. Lifting up my phone, I see a text message from Mason.

Mason: HEY

Rae: Hi. Just wanted to make sure this worked so, hi. 😄

Mason: Well I just escaped from work and now am going home. Pretty happy to finally lay in bed.😅

Rae: #relatable

Mason: Wanna text?

Rae: sure

Mason: Well I had to take a cab home because my car was toed for breaking down a couple of days ago.

Rae: we could've given you a ride.

Mason: yea, but oh well.

"Rae? Who are you texting?" Aaron asked, peering through the rearview mirror. I smiled, keeping my eyes planted to the phone screen.

"Mason." I sternly spoke then saw a text message from Colby. I changed his name to a no emoji one.

Colby: Hey. I finally caught up with everything because of being in Australia 4 a while.

Rae: yea. I met a cool guy at this restaurant and got his number so we're talking.

Colby: That's cool that you made a new friend. I can't wait to meet this dude.

Rae: some day colbs some day😅

We stopped when we arrived home. While pulling in the door handle, cold air rushed in a sweeped me with fresh air. I stepped out and quickly ran to the big doors.

Im such a kid that I did a knocking pattern. Some boy came up with brown hair with beautiful blue eyes.

"Hello stranger." I smiled while Colby stole me from the ground. He swung me around his arms so he could hold me bridal style.

"I've missed you." I grinned seeing him smile largely while we were touching noses.

"Happy to be back with my man." I implied while he lowered my feet back down to the tiled ground.

______________________________________