23.

I grabbed my phone and ear buds, and plugged them in my ears and phone. I searched on my music app the certain band called Three Days Grace. I LOVED that band so I needed to find it.

I finally found a couple of their albums. I searched the album called Human and found half of the album to buy. That was honestly the best album.

I smiled and scrolled through my playlist of favourites. I see a lot of songs I didn't want to listen to so I deleted them. I kept the ear buds in my ears and walked down the steps, listening to the Human album.

Once I reached the bottom I realized I was humming to the music. I looked up to Devyn and Katrina. "Hey!" I waved and pulled out one earbud. "Hey girlfriend!" They sassed back to me.

I don't like being called that.

"Listen to this new song I bought." I told Kat and ran up to her, holding the earbud in my hand. "Ok, better be good." She smiled and stuffed the ear bud in her ear.

She dropped her smile slightly. "That's amazing!" She faked it. She wasn't that happy, but I just flowed through it. "It's probably my favourite song." I chuckled, walking outside.

I heard a few words from Kat before I left out back. "She's not the s-" I shut the glass door. I didn't want to eavesdrop because I didn't want to hear their convorsation. I'm not a great eavesdropper. Every time I tried I failed misserablely by falling or being cought.

I walked right up to the edge of the pool. The human race! I hummed and sat down on the Rocky pavement. I forced my feet and legs into the pool. I felt the cold rush through my skin.

I hummed more to the song, that I wasn't even humming anymore. I began signing quietly. I swisher my feet around in the pool as I sang words. "I don't belong here. Not in this atmosphere, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye!" I sang louder and stared at what was presents in front of my eyes.

Then my ears blocked out all the sound except my voice. I embraced my voice, even if people say it's horrible. I sang my lungs out while the music played in my ears.

Then the next song played. Right when the drums played someone lifted me from the pool and into the arms, causing my ear buds to rip out of my ears.

"Oh my gosh!" I screamed and laughed feeling someone toss me, bridal style, into their arms. "Who-who-" I stopped seeing the face I didn't expect. "Colby!" I screamed and wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head in his arms.

He walked backwards and sat in the chair. "How ya doing?" He asked as I pulled my head away. "Doing great. I was actually-"

"Singing Three Days Grace. I know, I heard it." Then I turned into a little kid who just ate their first lemon. My face was sour. I was so embarrassed. "Don't worry. You did horrible." Then I laughed and punched his shoulder.

"No, it was amazing." He came close to my ear. "Better than Kat." I giggled and hugged Colby again. "Well, well, well." I heard Corey's voice trail from behind me. I twisted my head to look into his eyes. "What's going on? I heard that this girl right here is feeling something for someone." Then Devyn peered from behind him.

She mouthed sorry. I looked up to Colby and winked. I began whispering to him, "the plan is working." I told him. He nodded. I looked back over to Corey and stepped out of Colby's lap. "What are you talking about?" I questioned and laughed nervously.

"You like a certain someone. I don't want to say names, Colby. And I wanted to know." I nodded and walked past them and into the house.

"Hey, Rae!" I heard Colby's voice, making me Sprint my head around to find his beautiful face. "Do we need to talk?" Then Corey crossed his arms. "Yes go talk, Rae." Corey laughed nervously making me squint.

Once we were hiding and running up the stairs. We laughed while crashing on Colby bed, shutting the door behind us. "It's working." I loudly whispered so no one heard. "Yup, hope this "talk" works." Colby smiled.

I gave him a big hug. "Tho is a real hug, not a prank, but a real hug." I commented so he knew. "I know. I love this." He quietly spoke, but not a whisper. I smiled and hugged him tightly.

"Well let's sneak the news. A trip to a restaurant." I decided. I left the amazing hug and stood up. "Yea, I like that idea." His smile showed his large amazing pearly whites.

We headed down the stairs to meet everyone, which were in 6th living room watching Aaron playing fortnight. "Hey! We're going to a restaurant. Come with us." I signalled them to follow us. "Oh yea! I need something!" They made moaning noises which triggered my nasty brain to laugh.

"Aaron?" Then he screamed and yelled. He began to freak out. "He lost?" Colby replied with a nod next to me. "Well, let's get food to cheer Mr.Aaron up." I begged then saw a smile appear on Aarons face.

"Okayy." Aaron walked outside with us. We drove to a restaurant called olive garden. I miss that place.

************************************

"I'll get fettuccine Alfredo." I replied to her question. "Thank you. I'll be back." She spoke in a low tone. I take a sip of my lemonade and ate an ice cube that slipped through my lips.

"So, babe, can I have your cherry?" Colby asked seeing the charry that was floating in my lemonade. I nodded and took it out, handing it to him. "Wh-what!?" I heard Jake yell. "Babe?" Corey questioned. I nodded. "We havnt told you but we are dating." I replied to Jake.

Instead of freaking out he just scrunched up in his booth seat and made a confused, empty, face. "Don't worry, Colby's good." I said as Colby snatched the cherry.

"You better be."  Then the lady appeard. "So here is your fettuccine." She laid the food down in front of us. I licked my lips and dug in. I stuffed my mouth with the creamy noodles.

"She is obviously loving it." I nodded then swallowed. "Badahbup baba!" I sang the McDonalds theme song on every ad.

Through the whole dinner Jake didn't talk. He was just silent, eating his food, but once we stepped outside he decided to talk.

"Why Colby?" Jake asked, with no one else hearing the question. "Because there's something to him, you know?" I replied squinting slightly.

"Well just don't get hurt." I have Jake a look. "He wont." Then I heard "He won't what?"

"Jake told me that Colby shouldn't hurt me. Do you know why?" I asked Corey, making colby turn his head toward me. I winked telling him the deal. He nodded for approval.

"Why?" Jake asked shrugging. "Because you entered the PRANK WARS.!" I shouted making them freak. Corey and Devyn ran behind us like hell.

Me and Colby laughed. "So you not dating him?" Jake asked to assure it. I nodded, "no dating. Just friends." I smiled and rested my arm around Colby's neck, dangling over his shoulder.

______________________________________