26.

"Can I talk to you alone, please?" He eyed Colby and Sam. He gave them gestures to leave the room. They left and started speaking as they slowly inched up the stairs.

"Come here." Jake patted next to him on the couch. I ran over to that spot and hopped on the couch. "What?" I asked with a nice smile. He sighed like he was disappointed or has something bad to say.

"Why? Why don't you like skirts or dresses?" He asked with worried eyes. His eyes were shaking to focus on my face. "Because. They are too girly." I crossed my arms and pretended to pout. "Wait, wait, wait." His hands flew up. "You, Rae, don't like girly things anymore?" Then I gave him a duh look. Didn't he hear a word I just said?!

"I don't like girly stuff anymore. I don't like skirts, dresses, nor makeup. Why are you asking?" I softly spoke. I felt angry, slightly, inside but I tried keeping that on the low.

"Because. Now. What are you doing today?" He asked with a smile. But inside I knew he wasn't happy. That smile was a fake!

"Just hanging out with Sam and Colby today!" I stood up from the couch and the to Jake. "I have to go. They both should be leaving soon. Got to go catch up!" I smiled and dashed across the floor.

I ran up the stairs, skipping a step. I continued running, not feeling tired, towards Sam's room. "Samuel?" I swung my body around his door frame. "Yas?" He asked back. "When are we leaving?" I asked stepping into his room. "I'm a second. Go check to see if Colby is ready." I nod in response and walked over to Colby's room.

I knock cause the door was shut. "Come IN!" He shouted. I placed my hand on the door knob and turned it. "You ready to go?" I questioned while stepping inside his colorful room. "Yup! Is sam?" His question made him spin back around to face me in his chair.

"Yea, he's ready when you are." I called Sam over to Colby's room. "Yea Colby?" He asked. "We're ready." I smiled and grabbed Colby and Sam's hand. We rushed down the stairs. Suprizingly, the boy's hands were still attached to mine.

"Bye! Jaky!" I waved bye with Colby's hand still attached. We left to Sam's car. I finally brushed them off. "You guys held my hand for a LONG time." I laughed while ducking my head to get into the car.

"Well it was fun just skipping around like little kids." Sam and colby both laughed. "So where we heading?" I asked leaning forward, in between both of them. "We'll we need to pick up Brennen cause he wanted to come." I clapped and had a great smile on my face.

"Then we will head to a haunted ghost town." I clapped even more hearing that. "I can't wait. I love haunted stuff. And it's nice to see Brennen again." I smiled. Sam looked at me through the rear view mirror with his famous face. He stuck his tongue out which for some reason made me laugh.

Then Colby came up to the mirror and made a hilarious face. I laughed even more. "You guys, stop." I laughed. Sam backed up and out of the driveway.

We took some turns and drove and then we eventually arrived. "Ok. You guys go. I'll keep the car cool." Sam implied. I nodded and stepped out of the car. I ran up to Colby and intertwined my fingers with his.

He rang Brennens door bell. A few seconds later someone opened the door. "Hey yo!" I let go of Colby's hand so he can do a short handshake with Brennen. "Wow. You look. Different." Brennen eyed me up and down. "Yea. I'm no longer a girly girl." I chuckled. "Dude!" Colby punched Brennen in the shoulder. "Stop!" Colby yelled.

We got into the car, and Brennen sat with me in the back. "So, why not a girly girl anymore?" He . I looked over to him and shook my head. "Makeup, skirts, dresses, they are all just dumb." I replied, resting my head against the window.

"Well you still look hot." He chuckled after his complement. "We'll uh...thanks?" Now I just felt slightly uncomfortable. "In fact the hottest person-"

"That's it." Colby interrupted and stepped out of the car. He opened Brennens door. "Sit up front. Now." Colby commanded Brennen to sit up front. "Why dude?" Brennen chuckled again. "Because, just do it." Colby looked around the car then back at Brennen. He sighed and left the seat.

"Thanks bro." Colby said then hopped in the seat. Brennen slowly got in the car.

"What was that for?" I whispered into Colby's ear. "I was annoyed he kept saying that stuff to you. I could tell you were uncomfortable." He whispered back. I nodded. I'm glad he saw that I was uncomfortable.

"Brennen?" I asked as my head lifted. Brennen turned around and hummed in response. "I'm sorry to burst your bubble but please don't call me hot." I nervously demanded. "Yes, I wont do that. Is that why Colby forced me up front?" Then the car finally moved out of the driveway.

"Yea. Him and I were uncomfortable." I replied without eyeing him. "Oh, Colby was uncomfortable for saying that? Ooo." Brennen oood Colby making me look over to him resting on the window.

"It was weird man." Colby replied then took his beenie off and brushed his hair with his hand. He sighed and took a few Breaths. "Just as long as you don't do anything bad I'm fine." Colby groaned while gazing outside.

"Ok Colby." Brennen scoffed and turned back around in his seat. "Ready? Cause were here." Sam raised his hand as he parked his car next to a gate that was shut.

I smiled and automatically ran out of the car once it stopped. I motioned the guys to hurry. I figured out the lock with a pick that I stored in my back pocket. "Wait, you know how to pick locks?" Colby asked once I opened the gate. I nodded and we all walked into the ghost town.

"Well at least it's not dark but it is cloudy." Sam explained then started telling us about the history of the area. We just traveled along and walked in and around buildings.

"This one is where people mostly died and had random heart attacks." Sam broke the silence of the crickets and and the croaking frogs.

Then there was a sound. One that changed my whole thought on this trip. What that sound was, was a voice. It said "Don't forget me."

______________________________________