32.

"Yea." She said with her eyes wondering around. "Your messing with me right?" She nodded no, but I saw her lips slightly lift up into the smallest smile in the world. She was lying.

"Nice try but your lying." She nodded no as I searched for a certain size on some great pants. "No-"

"Yes you are. I can tell if someone if lying so good luck." I explained once I pulled out the right sized shirt.

"Ugh. How did you know?" She asked with her clothes moving around as she swung them around. "I'm good at observing people's faces. I can tell if you get mad or sad." I said. We stepped up to the cash register and threw our clothes onto the counter.

"Is that all in one payment?" The lady asked them i saw clothes being pushed in front of us. "Yes." Colby replied as he grabbed his wallet from his back pocket.

"Colby i-" he nodded no as he handed her his credit card. I sighed as she made a transaction. "Thank you." I whispered to Colby. I grabbed my clothes in the bag. "Thanks for coming." The lady said happily. I smiled and waved as we left the shop.

"We'll it was fun but I have something to catch up on." Josh spoke, swinging his bag around. "Yea. Me too. Bye Colby, and Rae. Love you!" She blew a kiss to Colby making me think.

She doesn't date him so it's ok to blow a kiss. I do the same as a friend.

"Bye!" I waved bye to both of them. "Well she told me that you weren't single." I scoffed heading that escape from my mouth. "She did? Well I'm single. No one is in love with me." He acted like he was going to cry.

"Don't worry I'm here." I assured then he lifts his head with a genuine smile brightening the area.

"There's the smile." I said then we both laughed because of the awkward moment. "That was really awkward." I laughed with a few gasps in the sentence. "Thats why your my best friend." Colby finished chuckling that.

"I thought Sam was your best friend?" I questioned him, stopping to automatic seriousness. "He is mg54324xy best friend. You are on the level below him." Then I gave him a confused look. "So I'm on the same level as Brennen?" I made a sound of disgust. "Nope. Your higher than Brennen." He replied as we stepped out of the automatic door way.

"Well thank you. I'm appreciated to be on that level." I continuously laughing. "Love that laugh." He mimicked my laugh making me laugh even more. "Stop." I chuckled once we got to the car.

"Don't crash." I said then saw the lock pop right open. I swung the door open and hopped in the car. "Car rides with Rae and Colby!" I moaned an innapropiate moan making colby mimic me. I nodded while staring out the window.

He pulled the car out of the parking lot and began to actual drive. "I'm going to put my own playlist on." I spoke, breaking the awkward silence that was flooding the area.

"Ok." He replied keeping his eyes still to the road. I swipped my screen all the way down to pick my first song; The Real You- Three Days Grace

I hummed along to the words and I sang in my mind. I will never give up on you. I see the real you. Even if you don't I do, I Do.

Then I kept something attached in my mind when I listen to this song. It was a question that I couldn't answer myself. Am I different?

"Colby?" I mumbled but the car engine roared over my voice. "Colby?" I raised my voice. "Yea?" He replied, taking small glances of my face here and there.

"Can we get some food?" I questioned. I was going to wait to ask the other question. "Yes sure, what do you want?" He asked. The car slowed down as we came up to a red light.

"Chick filet, I just have a feeling." I said, squinting my eyes as I thought. "I'm down. I like chick filet." He smiled making me feel happy. "I know you do." I giggled hearing my voice croak.

Colby turned the steering wheel making me look at where he was turning to. Chick filet was right there.

"Well here it is." Colby parked into an open spot. We stepped out of the car and walked side by side into the fast food restaurant. "Yay!" I said full of excitement before we walked in.

I saw Colby smile again. "So how is the YOU doing with music?" Colby asked as we walked behind a few people to reach the line.

"It's great. I really love rock and rap. It's amazing." I smiled then ordered.

************************************

We finished our amazing food and threw it away. As we were walking out ,through the doors, Colby asked me "Are you ok?" I'm guessing he saw the look on my face, confused. My mind just kept on thinking while began.

"Uh yea. I'll tell you in the car." I replied with an unsteady voice causing my hands to tremble.

We walked along the dry grounds, hearing toward the car. "Unlock it." I blurted. The lock popped and made a clicking sound so I pulled the door handle and dipped into the seat. Colby followed and got into his seat. He fired up the roaring engine causing my ears to be slightly irritated.

"So spill the beans. What's up baby girl." I chuckled from the last sentence. "The problem is....Am I different?" I asked him. Then there was a silence. The car was full of words but in our heads.

He was hesitating.

______________________________________