22.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, he walked a few steps closer. "You were going to saw something. You said come on b-." He freaked again. He has big issues when it comes to me dating.

I dated a guy when I was a freshman and he found out and freaked about it. So then he broke up with me.

"Listen, I was about to say bs without the Cole in the name. Chill out Jake." I steadied my hands to calm him down. He took a breathe. "Jake, what's the deal?" Corey asked as he stepped forward.

"She knows. You remember." He gave me a look. A flashback came to that boy I dated as a freshman. "What did he do?" I asked softly as Colby brushed his hands against mine.

"Just leave it. I'll tell you when no one is around." Jake settled. Then i thought. What did Ethan do? I felt Colby pull me back. I felt his fingers tips rub against my wrists. I turned my head, not looking at him. "Maybe this isn't a good idea." Colby whispered, feeling his breathe hit my neck. "We'll be fine. I like pranking my bro. Just let him calm down." I quietly whispered.

"Let's just not take it too far." Then I heard a splash. "Hey! What's going on over there?" Sam splashed us again. "Just talking." I replied with a laugh escaping my mouth.

"Mk. Sure looked like something else." Aaron raised his eyebrow as Corey spoke. "Well I'll do one more flip." I shrugged and walked away towards the edge of the pool, when Colby grabbed my wrist. I jerked back and let him speak. "Do the flip for Jake." He said into my left ear. I nodded and continued out of the pool.

I stepped up on the platform and took a breathe. "This one's for JAKE!!" I shouted while pointing in his direction. I saw a slight smile part on his lips. I swung my arms to do a double front flip.

"Did I do it?" I asked once I reached the surface. "That was 2." Jake rose two of his fingers as he stepped closer. "We need to talk after this." I nodded and smiled as I wiped the water off my face.

************************************

I grabbed my towel, that was in the chair, and rubbed my arms, stomach, legs, etc to dry myself off. I took a few deep inhales and exhales. I look over to see Colby rubbing the towel in his hair.

I smiled at the sight, seeing his wet hair all messy. I liked it. He began to dry his chest and stomach. I still eyes his hair. It was messy, which I love that look. His face full of perfect features.

"So Jake, needed to talk?" I was automatically shot out of my thoughts about Colby and said that. Jake nodded and walked inside.

"Ok I'm my room." I nodded and followed him up the stairs into his room. My whole body was slightly shaking because of the way Jake freaked out earlier.

"Ok he did-" he stopped me by raising his finger near my lips. "He did do something, Rae. He hurt...he hurt me. I beated him one day after he told me why he was dating you. That's why he broke up with you." Jake lowered his finger. "Why did he date me?" That question still echoed through my brain.

"He was dating you for *sigh* Your body." Then I shook my head and walked to my suit case to grab my clothes. "Rae, its true." I shook my head deliberately and stuffed the clothes in my hands. "I believe you Jake. I'm just mad at him. Please don't freak out if I date someone, please. I'll find someone. I promise." I hugged him with my swim suit still damp.

He hugged back giving me a smile knowing he's there for me. "Just dont freak. I'm fine." I patted his shoulder then left to go to Colby's bathroom to change.

As I walked down the hallway I kept my anger inside and showed a small smile. I reached the bathroom and quickly changed.

I heard a few knocks once I finished changing. "Hold on!" I shouted and grabbed my damp swim suit off the floor. I opened the door to see Colby. "Hey." I smiled with a short wave.

"What's up?" He asked and put his hand on the wall. I shook my head as he but his lips. He looked at me, up and down. "You wish." I walked passed him. "Hey, so uh what did you talk about?" Colby asked while rubbing his neck to release tension.

"My last relationship, and why Jake is so mad, but we'll be fine. No one knows any ways." Then out of the blue a voice peered in front of me. "No one knows what?" Devyn popped out of no where with katrina behind her, causing katrina to be a shadow. "Oh nothing." I brushed it off and continued walking.

"Mmm. Some drama is happening between you and Colby." Katrina rubbed her chin as I looked at her. "Oh yea? Tell me." I said while walking down the steps. "Maybe a romance?" Devyn softly spoke, like always. "Oh, seems interesting. Well I do have a super hard crush on a certain someone." I smiled hoping the plan is working. "And who is this someone?" They both harmonized in confused voices, demanding answers from a girl who is pulling a prank.

"You know who." I chuckled while taking a sip from my water cup that was rested on the countertops. "Oh my gosh. It's Colby!" They both shouted making me turn around and signal them to be quiet. They quietly jumped around and celebrated.

Then there it went. The empty feeling. Something is off. I need to change it. I need to. My mind spoke the Sam words for a while.

"Music." I hummed in my mind. I needed to listen to Three Days Grace. I snapped my fingers and darted upstairs without having Devyn and katrina notice, while they talk their talk about the fantasy between me and Colby.

______________________________________