Remember ~ Azumane Asahi 2

Your chest rose and fell, rose and fell, rose and fell at the same pace. You slept as Asahi was seated in a chair beside you, looking at you, wondering what it was you were dreaming about. He hoped that you were dreaming of him and soon would wake up with all your memories back. But he knew that it would never happen, not for a long while.

He hoped that you would be awake while he visited you but, you were exhausted. Asahi sighed and rubbed his brow. He was also tired. He hadn't slept a peaceful sleep once he knew what had happened to you. He noticed that there were light streams of tears running from your eyes as you slept. He wondered what was causing this. "F/N." He said your name, hoping for an answer.

F/N's Head

Nothing was there. All you saw was black. To your right, there was a hint of darkness and to your left, there was light. Right in the middle, you walked. It seemed that physics weren't a thing at all. They didn't exist. You could walk straight ahead for ever and ever, and you would end up nowhere. You found yourself crying. "Help me." You could hear in the distance. It was your voice but you hadn't said anything. You were crying and wanting something. What did you want? You didn't know. And that's when you heard it. Someone had said your name.

It was a man's voice. Deep and kind. He said your name. "F/N." This felt more real. You heard it. You didn't know if this voice was of someone you knew, but your subconscious self traced it back to the one you met who claimed to be your boyfriend. "Asahi." You said. It wasn't a voice in the distance that said it. This time, it was you actually. You said it. You could feel your mouth moving and the light vibrations in your lungs.

IRL

"Asahi." You said. This caught him off guard. He had said your name and you responded with his own. You knew his name. He blinked a few times and then said it again. "F/N." He said your name and leaned in closer to your sleeping self. Once again, you responded. "Asahi." You said, sounding more sad. He couldn't believe his ears. He said your name for a third time but instead of saying his name, you opened your eyes.

The first thing you saw was the ceiling, then, you turned your head and saw him sitting there. You recognized him as the guy who came the other day to check up on you. You didn't need to force yourself to smile. It came naturally. "Hey." You said. He gave you a sad smile. "F/N, what did you dream about?" He asked. You thought about it for a moment. "Nothing. I don't know. Voices." You said. "Was it sad?" He asked. You touched your face and felt the fresh tears. "I don't know." You said, genuinely not knowing at all where the tears came from.

"Are you tired. I'll leave you alone to sleep if you want." He said shyly. You shook your head. "No stay. Please. I need your help." You said. He leaned on the chair and looked at you. "What do you need help with?" He asked. "I want to remember." You said and sat up in the bed. "Well, I don't think I can really help you with that." He said. "You can try. Maybe, small things that could remind me of the things I don't remember." You said. "Like what?" He asked. "Well, what were things we did together a lot?" You asked. Asahi blushed. "Uh... Stuff." He paused. "Oh. Okay never mind." You said, understanding what he meant. "Well, your best friend is Nishinoya. Maybe he could help?" He proposed. You nodded.

Later

Nishinoya sprinted into the room. "You shouldn't run in a hospital." Said Asahi. Nishinoya ignorer him and ran up to the side of your bed. "F/N! Are you okay?" He asked with wide eyes. You looked to Asahi. "Is this him?" You asked. Asahi nodded. "Right. You don't remember." Noya said and slouched over the bed, half on your lap. "Now we can't talk about memes." He grumbled. Asahi laughed a bit. This was going to be long day.