Another Match ~ Oikawa Tooru 1

It was Hajime's birthday. Yes, Hajime Iwaizumi. He was your cousin and invited some of his friends over to his place. He didn't want many people over so only invited you, his neighbor who you were already friends with and one of his volleyball teammates who you've met but never really spoke to.

You been near and heard a lot of Oikawa Tooru. One of your female friends had purchased a sports magazine and couldn't help but show you a handsome Aoba Johsai volleyball player who happened to be in your cousin's team. You actually watched a couple of Hajime's volleyball matches (which he all won) and it was pretty hard not to notice the handsome setter. Especially since many girls and boys too were cheering for Oikawa specifically. It was hard to avoid the fact that you, like many others, had a kind of special admiration for Oikawa. You wouldn't call yourself in love with him since you haven't gotten to know the guy. Also because you weren't a moron like the random girls that are head over heels for him because of his looks.

You knocked on Hajime's door while checking the time on your phone.
You were super early. Your cousin opened the door. "F/N? Why are you so early?" He asked. Before you could respond, someone else in the house called out. "See Iwa-Chan? I told you I wasn't going to be the only one who was early!" That voice was without a doubt, Oikawa's. Only one person ever called Hajime "Iwa-Chan". Hajime ignored him like he hadn't even heard him. "You should probably come in." Said Hajime. "What? No hug?" You whined at your cousin. Hajime apologized and hugged you.

As soon as you walked into the living room, you quickly noticed the handsome, tall, chocolate haired male sitting on the couch. As soon as he noticed your presence, he lifted his face and blinked a couple times to adjust his vision to the sight of the beautiful young woman standing before him. There was an adorable, rosy tint to his cheeks. The atmosphere in the room felt like something out of a fairy tale. "Wow..." he quietly mumbled to himself hoping that no one heard him. You still heard it. He was about to say something else as the color in his cheeks darkened to a deeper shade.

And then Hajime walked in and ruined the romantic atmosphere. "What's with that annoying blush, Trashy-Kawa?" Hajime asked with a protective tone. Oikawa couldn't answer. Hajime just ignored it.

The two of you greeted each other and waited for the third guest to arrive. Halfway through the wait, Hajime got a phone call and left the room to speak with whoever called him, leaving you and Oikawa in the room ALONE. You both stayed quiet for a little bit. Eventually, Oikawa broke the silence by finally saying something to you. "So... I haven't seen you for a while. What school do you go to?"He asked with his usual, charming, cheerful yet alluring tone. You were dreading this moment since you attend Karasuno and he very much disliked Karasuno. "I go to Karasuno actually." You said trying not to piss him off by mentioning the name of the school. Oikawa was surprised. There was a very long pause. "Karasuno... So does that mean you've seen any of our matches?" He asked sounding very interested in your response. "I have but not against Karasuno." You said. There was another long pause. "Will you come to the next one? It would be really great to see you there." He asked you. His cheeks became deep red after realizing what he'd just said. You could feel your cheeks heating and turning red as well.
"Uhm. So you're Iwa-Chan's cousin right?" He asked you in a great attempt to change the subject and forget about what he said before. "Yeah. We really only see each other at family gatherings and stuff." You explained while lightly scratching your cheek. "So THAT'S why!" Oikawa said loudly as if he just proved some theory. He then moved and sat on the couch you were sitting on. Directly beside you. His cheeks once again deepened in color. Deep breaths Tooru, deep breaths. It's just some other girl right? He began thinking to himself. Shit of course it isn't! He then said something a little unexpected. "You're so beautiful F/N-San." You could feel your heart fall into your stomach. He covered his face shortly after complimenting you completely embarrassed. You took it upon yourself to be bold and go straight for what you wanted. "Thanks. You're not bad yourself." You said to the guy feeling brave. Oikawa removed his hands from his face and faced you while slightly smirking. He was going to say something when of course once again, Hajime demolished the romantic atmosphere.

"So that was our third guest. Turn's out he can't make it and....." Hajime took a good look at the two of you blushing and Oikawa smirking, looking at his cousin and wasn't he on a different couch before? "Keep it in your pants Trashy-Kawa that's my cousin you know." He finally said sounding disappointed. "What?! What do you mean keep it in my pants?!" Oikawa sounded so embarrassed.

The party was fun. You and Oikawa got to speak a lot. Every time Oikawa would flirt with you, Hajime would threaten him with an intimidating glare. But he just showed a disgusted face every time you hit on the setter.

TIME SKIP

It was getting late and you left after thanking Hajime for the invite. As you began walking down the road, someone stopped you. Oikawa. "Hey. I uh was uh wondering if I could have your number.... Maybe?" Oikawa asked all shy. "Only if I can have your's." You responded like a boss. Oikawa smiled as you exchanged phone numbers. There was a small silence. "It's not safe for a girl to walk home alone this late you know." He informed you. "Can I walk you home F/N?" He asked. "Okay." You said happily. He was happy too.

You thanked the handsome setter for walking you home. He said it was no big deal and scratched the back of his head. "So I'll see you at another game right?" He asked. You gave him a reassuring nod. "Then I hope to see you soon!" He said happily. "Me too. Thank you for walking me home." You said very flustered. "No problem, F/N!" He smiled and waved. You did the same as you shut the door behind yourself.