It's Not Gay ~ Matsukawa Issei/Hanamaki Takahiro 1

It was half an hour past the time you two were supposed to meet. He told you to wait at some bar. You could understand if he was about five minutes late but half an hour? Not only that but he wasn't picking up any of your calls. Your friend, Keiko texted you. Did he show up yet? Was the message you got. No. He stood me up. You replied. I'm sorry about that. We'll hang out some time to make you feel better. She said. Thanks Keiko. I better get going now. You said. She replied with a heart emoji.

You sighed, disappointed. Getting up to leave the bar alone felt so wrong and embarrassing. You decided to stay for a little longer to look like you actually went there for something. You sat at the bar and ordered a drink. You always felt comfortable at bars considering that you work at one. But you felt so uncomfortable. You had every right to feel that way too.

You just sat there. "Pathetic." You thought to yourself. You could see out of the corner of your eye, a tall dude on the phone with someone. "You gonna be here soon?" He said. "Kay, see you." He turned off the phone and sat at the bar a couple seats from you. You two made eye contact for a moment. He had a very distinct appearance with dark hair and bushy eyebrows with even darker eyes. Pretty attractive. You broke eye contact and looked at your phone. That rat bastard didn't text you back or pick up any of your calls. You could feel the tears threatening to leave your eyes but you didn't allow it.

You looked to your right where that guy was only to notice that instead of sitting some seats from you like before, he was now directly beside you. You made sure that your drink was nowhere near him. He didn't seem like the kind of guy to spike your drink but you never knew.

He noticed that you moved your drink. "Don't worry. I'm not that kind of guy." He said with a slight laugh. A pretty charming laugh. You humoured him with a small smile. "So what brings you here tonight?" He asked. You looked at him. There's nothing wrong with venting to strangers. "Just some guy that had yet to show up." You muttered. "So you're waiting for a date." He said. "Well not anymore. He's more than half an hour late." You said with an annoyed tone. The guy looked at you. He now knew that you were stood up and looked as if he felt bad for you. But he must of sensed that you don't like being pitied so he stopped looking at you like that. "Well it's his loss." He said with a charismatic tone. You smiled. He returned the smile.

"What's your name?" He asked. You felt that it would be dangerous to tell him your actual name but at the same time, there was something comforting about him. "L/N." You said with a smile. "You could call me Mattsun." He introduced himself. He gave off this very trusting vibe as if you were great friends. "Do I know you from somewhere?" You asked. "I dunno. Do you?" He asked. You sighed and tried to remember. Something about him rang a bell but you couldn't figure it out.

Suddenly, you could hear the door of the bar being opened. Mattsun looked behind him. "Hey." He said loudly and waved. You also looked to who it was. This guy was also pretty tall. "Really, Mattsun? Picking up random girls already?" The guy said. "Nah. I was waiting for your late ass and decided to talk to someone." Mattsun swiftly replied as the other guy sat to your left. You were now between them. This looked pretty dangerous but you felt fine.

The guy looked at you for a long time. "Have we met?" He asked. You knew that you'd seen these two before and clearly they knew you somehow. You still couldn't figure out how you knew each other though. "She asked me the same question." Mattsun said. "Weird." The guy to your left muttered. "This is Makki." Mattsun told you. "Sup." Makki said before ordering two drinks. When he got them, he handed one to Mattsun.

You didn't have a clear memory of what happened. You remember drinks and a lot of talking, laughing and all that kind of stuff. You briefly remember getting into a cab with the two guys but everything else was a blur.