E I G H T 🌸

D e l i l a h . M o n t e z 🥀

F R I D A Y

I sat on my bed, eating my fries from Wendy's as Mercedes rummaged through my closet. I had told her about Jordan asking me out, I also told her I wasn't going.

She didn't listen.

"I already texted Jordan and told him you changed your mind. So you might as well put them fries down, you're about to eat in a couple hours." She said to me, emerging with four pieces of clothing on her arms.

"Cede I already told you and Jordan ass that I wasn't going. Y'all can't change my mind. My hair not even done." I argued silently and watched as she placed the clothes on the bed next to me.

There was a black lace skirt, a yellow-orange dress, some high waisted jeans and a fancy looking black crop top. "You definitely need to start buying more dresses."

"I don't have any use for dresses Mercedes!" I said rolling my eyes and standing up.

"Come on Delilah stop acting like that."

"Dawg you're trying to force me to go on a whole date that I don't want to go on."

"Aw baby I'm not trying to force you," she said walking over to me, and holding onto my shoulders, "I am forcing you."

"Mercedes oh God, get out."

"Okay no listen. Based on everything you've told me so far about Jordan, he sounds really genuine. He seems like he really and truly wants the best for you, and you've been a lot lighter since he's come around. He's making you happy Delilah. And you shouldn't let that just go down the drain. Especially since you won't have me at arms length anymore." She preached and I rolled my eyes again. My eyes threatened to fill up with tears, which Mercedes notices and grabbed me in for a tight hug. "You deserve to be happy Lilah. And he's making you happy."

"Whatever." I mumbled softly and wiped my eyes. "The dress." I said pointing at the pretty bright coloured dress that had thin straps and a wrap around effect.

"Beautiful. Go shower and I'll get your accessories." Mercedes said cheerfully. Hesitantly, I dragged myself into the bathroom to take a shower.

After an hour of hustling and bustling, I was finally ready thanks to Mercedes. "Go look in the mirror." She demanded and pulled me up from my seated position on the bed.

The entire time, I hadn't laid eyes on myself. Not even when I put the dress on, so I knew I was in for a surprise.

I walked over to my full body mirror and had to stop myself from letting out a dramatic gasp. Aw man I didn't see this coming. It had been years since I've seen my hair bone straight like it is right now, with a slick part going down the middle.

The dress I wore showed off a tiny bit of my cleavage, I mean I didn't really have much to begin with; and fit me perfectly snug. The shorter part stopped mid-thigh while the longer part stopped just before my left knee.

I've never liked heels, and although they would be perfect in this situation, I opted for a pair of light brown sandals. I accessorized with my usual gold chain with my name on the pendant, and my gold watch.