FORTY-TWO 🌸

Matthew walked into the VIP section of the club, looking like he'd already been turning up on his way here.

We saw each other the day that I got back but this is the first time we were hanging out. Jayden said he was finna swing through too, so it was about to be a scene.

Delilah spent the entire day at Mercedes and shw convinced her to convince Matthew to convince me to come out tonight.

I thought I didn't want to, but as soon as I heard the music as I approached the club, I started feeling the vibe. I wasn't tryna get myself in any trouble tonight. All I wanted to do was smoke a few blunts, drink some bourbon and head back home to my girl who don't want me.

"Wassup." We greeted each other over the music and it didn't take long for us to get lit. Matthew was for sure on the top five list of people I missed from back home.

I wanted to come back so bad, but I knew it would disappoint Delilah so I stayed until the coast was more or less clear.

"Wassup with the business man? Everything gucci?" I asked Matthew as I pulled from my blunt.

He gave me a half shrug and kind of nodded before responding. "We good, just miss you a little. But you know we're handling shit."

I haven't heard or spoken about any of this shit in almost two months. Delilah was worried about my phone being tapped and although that was a crazy thought, I listened to her just for her comfort.

"Aight good. And you been takin' care of D?"

"Always man. You know that's my girl." He laughed. "What's up with y'all?"

"I'm tryna make it right with her but my brain is on pause right na' clearly." I said and he started laughing, "I'm tryna marry that girl for real man. There's nobody else down for me lile she is."

"That's for sure. I don't know any girl that woulda been held it down for you like this with you bein' gone. Make it right."

"Make it right with my lil sis mayne." Jayden added. Nobody even noticed when his lil lanky ass came in.

"That's the plan."

"When you coming back here permanently?" Matthew asked and i passed the blunt for Jayden.

"I'm not tryna give you an answer because I don't even know." I responded honestly and they both nodded. "But when I get back its a whole new ballgame."

"Fuck that mean nigga?" Jayden asked me. "We gon be opening clubs and shit or sum? Cuz I know yo boss don't want you selling bricks no more."

I shook my head and laughed. I really did need to start making more responsible decisions for the sake of D and my lil baby coming up. She already wanted to be like me (she'll kill me if she heard me say that) I can only imagine what our kid is gon be like.

I had to start thinking smarter if I wanted my family.

And I definitely want my family.

We left the club around three. I was excited to go home and then remembered that Delilah was mad at me and would probably sleep in the guest house.