TWENTY-NINE🌸

I don't remember the commute to the hospital, mostly because I'd completely zoned out. None of the officers were trying to enlighten me on Jordan's condition.

I didn't know if he was good or not, panic was an understatement to describe how I felt. My stomach and chest were aching horribly, my mouth was dry and I had tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

I didn't even bother changing out of my leggings and hoodie.

When I finally got to the hospital, I ran into the waiting room with the intention to see Jordan, instead running into Khari and Jayden who were simultaneously pacing the room.

Khari looked as though she had been crying all day, and Jayden seemed angry. I gained Jayden's attention the moment I stepped in there. I felt my legs about to give in, as the tears finally fell from my eyes. He ran in my direction and wrapped his arms around me, holding me up as I sobbed heavily.

"What... happened?" I cried.

"You know that nigga don't care bout nobody. The police pulled him over for some shit and pulled a gun on him, he shot back. He got hit in the chest and leg, rushed into emergency surgery and he ain't got up yet. But he's a fighter, don't worry ma." He explained to me, but it didn't calm my in any way.

He hugged me tightly, rubbing my shoulders while I sobbed. Khari came up behind me and did the same. How his mother managed to remind more calm than I was, was beyond me.

I felt like my life flashed before my eyes.

I was just praying he would be okay.

We all sat in the waiting room waiting to hear from Jordan's doctor. It had been four hours? And none of us had moved.

My mother came by to drop some food off and make sure everything was okay with the three of us for the time being, she also checked in via phone call every hour or so.

I sat slouched with my head on Jayden's shoulder while his mother was in the hallway taking a call.

"How you feeling?" Jayden asked me.

"Sick." Was all I said.

"He told me he saw you yesterday."

"He did." I cried, "And I told him I didn't want anything to do with him."

"Yeah well, he probably deserved to hear that. He's gon be alright lil sis, I promise. I know you love that nigga." He said with a smile.

"More than anything, yeah."

We fell into a comfortable silence and he spoke again, "He love you too."

"Family of Jordan Harris?" The doctor asked, stepping out into the room. Jayden and I stood up, nd Khari entered the room, hanging up the phone. "He's finally awake, but barely speaking which is expected. The bullets have been removed and he's expected to be discharged in the next few days. But a live-in nurse is required to assist with physical therapy seeing that he's unable to walk due to the injury to his leg. Luckily the bullet didn't hit any nerves and he'll be able to regain proper abilities."

"Aight thank God." Jayden breathed, "Can we see him?" He asked, taking the words out of my mouth.

"Of course, two persons at a time, follow me." He said.

"Jayden and I will go in first okay babygirl, so you can have some alone time with him." Khari said, giving me a hug.

I nodded and sat back as Khari and Jayden walked behind the doctor. My mind began wandering, thoughts of Jordan clouding my mind.