E L E V E N 🌸

T H U R S D A Y

D e l i l a h . M o n t e z 🥀

"Get ya ass up lil girl." I heard Jordan's voice which woke me out of my slumber.

I opened my eyes and before I could respond to him, I swung my arm back, hitting him square in the face, earning a shout from him. "Are you stupid? Why are you waking me up right now?"

"You got school red. So get ya ass up, let me take you home so you can get ready then I'll drop you off at school." He preached and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not going to school."

"You funny as fuck Bre Bre." He trolled, I couldn't help the chuckle that escaped my lips. "Come on ma. For real, you got school."

"I don't wanna go Jordan." I groaned. I suddenly felt like I was talking to a parent or something, trying to justify why it was okay for me to miss a day.

"You want me to bring you lunch?" He asked me, ignoring me as usual. I kissed my teeth and finally turned around to look at him. He laid beside me on his back, staring directly at me and waiting for a response.

"I want you to leave me alone."

"Stop playing and get up." He said, getting off the bed and walking over to my side. He tugged the comforter off my cold body and picked me up over his shoulder, resting me on the small couch in his room.

"Jordan oh my-"

"You gettin' on my nerves now. You got school, and you been missing too many days."

"You not my daddy." I said to him as I stood up and started gathering my stuff for around the room.

"Not yet."

I dressed comfortably in a pair of black leggings, a white thrasher sweat shirt and my white Air Force 1s. I was in a rush because of Jordan, so o just tossed my hair into a messy bun and grabbed my backpack before heading out.

On my way downstairs, I could hear my father throwing up in the bathroom

On my way downstairs, I could hear my father throwing up in the bathroom. I wanted to continue walking, but I decided to stop and peep in.

He was over the toilet and I felt like I was seeing a ghost. I live with the man and barely ever see him, but the few times I do, he seems to get smaller and smaller in size.

Honestly even after everything he's put me through, it hurts to see him like this.

"So you gon throw up every morning and get drunk every night? You won't learn?" I asked him, gaining his attention as he turned towards me with tired eyes.