Chapter 4.2 - Forthcoming Trouble

There are rumors going around town that the Noble that is ruling at this territory are "collecting" beautiful girls. Yep, "collecting", polygamy in this world are common. So in a sense I can also have my own "harem" or some sort.

And the rumors are the Noble himself is visiting the town. I can already foreshadow what will happen. Liana is considered as one the most beautiful ladies in town, and she is quite popular, probably also the reason why her Aunt's stall is almost sold out.

Meanwhile, I spent another day planning on how to get to the Library of Bonclosa, I also mingled on merchants and other explorers to get tips on how to survive the wilderness. Many of them just hire adventurers for protection.

I also learned from them vaeious trick of the trades they used to make a living. My gold wouldn't also last forever.

And mingling with them led me to buy my own horse wagon. I bought a secondhand wagon with two horses, and modified it, put some metal plates on some critical parts some springs to act as suspension, even though I have no idea if it will work.

Also tried experimenting Molotov cocktails, and oil is commodity here used for everywhere.

And to level up here in this world there are some prerequisites. Adveturers need to accomplished tasks, Merchants need to deliver goods, and Explorers, well.. explorations, exploratioms of dungeons, new lands or you can do both the jobs of both Adventurers and Merchants.

{

Meanwhile on Aunt Rosia's shop.

Aunt Rosia: Liana!, please entertain the clients!.

Liana: Yes Auntie!, yes what can I help for you, we have lots of goods from different lands.

Client: Hmmm, you have plenty of good wares, but it seems I stumbled upon a treasure.

Liana: And what would that be sire?

Client: Hohoho, I'm talking to it at this moment, that would be you young lady.

Liana: (smiles in a awkward way) Please don't joke around sir.

Client: Be grateful young lady, as the right hand man of the Locin Family, I hereby select you as one of the candidates for the Masters new wife.

Liana: I humbly refuse sir.

Client: No!, no, no, you can't refused my Master's plea, as the rightful ruler of this realm as ordered by the King, going against him means going against the King and the Kingdom!.

}

Later that day, after I finish the stuff I needed for my travel, I then visited Liana. In which she told me what happened. I told her that we should run away. That I would take responsibility for her.

But she refused my offer instead she prepares herself to what will happen in the next days.

I tried to change her mind but to no avail.

The next morning I ready my things for what I'm foreseeing, I gathered food, clothes and necessary supplies that a runaway would need.

With accomplishing some task I leveled up a bit. And further enhances the Short Magazine Lee-Enfield SMLE MkIII*, it still need some work a little level up and it will shoot properly and accurately than my Winchester 94, I also created some .303 rifle rounds in case I perfected the rifle while on the run.

With all things prepared, that afternoon I onced again tried to pursuade her to run away, to no avail.

It led me to be irritated to her as she will let her life to ruin just to obey the kingdom.

As two days passed the rumors that the noble himself arrived in this little town from the his city upnorth. And the rumors that his wives are being maltreated and used as objects grewas days passed by.

Then the thing I'm afraid of happened. While I'm away for a couple of hours for some errand, once I return to my inn. I am hearing some commotions.

It seems the noble is headed right to the front door of Aunt Rosia's shop.

I ran towards the shop, but unable to do so as the swarm of people clogged the streets to witness how a Noble would pick up his bride. Unable to gave chase on foot. I decided to execute one of my plans. Ambush.