Chapter 15.2 - Tragedy Strucks Part 2

Me thinking of more .45 rounds while holding both ammunition resulted for a surprise to me. I was shocked that somehow for no reason I was able to duplicate my box magazines using only my 5 clips. It seems I've unlocked a new skill and this is "weapon replicate", as was able to easily convert my .303 rounds to a .45 one.

With the 10 clips I had I was able to turn them to two box 30 round magazines. I was surprised but this could really help me now.

I quickly darted towards the Goblin King who have Liana on his arms. And it seem he is healing her.

"O...hhh.. Hu...man...you..come...for...this....girl?..., ha..ha...ha,I...kill.you!", the Goblin King exclaimed as he smells Liana and draws his sword. The other goblins follow suit as they quickly surrounded me. With no hesitation I grabbed my rifle and shot the Goblin King to the head effectively killing him instantly, and with the goblins enraged. I quickly darted towards Liana grabbing her. And as I covered her, I've peppered the lines of goblins. The Tommy is surely living to its name as I peppered our way back to the village with Liana at my back.

I was able to reach the top of the stone buildings before I exhausted myself. As I look around I can see that I've sustained multiple cuts and bruises. Liana is still breathing and with blood stopped as the result of the Goblin King healed her.

But it was still not over yet. Enraged the goblins tried to reach me on the top and with the stairs being destroyed we can't go down neither them can go up.

Seeing our frantic situation. Kyle calls for some villagers to mount a rescue attempt. He assembles volunteers mostly from the left flank to extract us from the goblins. The last wall made of stone is sturdy enough to keep the goblins at bay. They launched an offensive to make a way for us to retreat, with the village mage setting off another of his spells decimated the goblins in the intermediate area. Resulting for a small window of opportunity for us to slip towards the villagers.

As soon as arriving we are greeted by Nataly who healed us right away.

We are currently behind the brick walls of the rear part of the village. This is where the supplies, and the village wagons and ours are parked and where the wounded are kept, from the beggining it serves as entrance to various mine shafts. Now we are trapped between tall mountains and an army of goblins knocking through the walls. With nowhere to run we are now desperate, as we all try to rest the village elders conducted a meeting.

We are almost dried up on our ammunition. We heve low mana levels so I cannot make anymore bullets, all we have are few clips of rifle rounds , and only over a dozen of .45 rounds. We are now desperate, our food supply will only last long enough for a week as we overhead the other villagers. The morale is in all time low, many have died on this battle. And now we definitely lose, and now awaiting our deaths.

As the sun began to rise, breakfast is served to all of us. The elders finally finished their meeting. And they conclude that there is a passage through the mountains that will lead to a town on the opposite of mountain regions, further in the Confederacy, it is an exit from one of the mine shafts. But we have to abandon our things and only carry a few and wear our winter gear, as we will be walking for three days in the cold mountains.

The entrance on the mine shaft is capable to let a horse passed through. Thus we prepare to pack our things for the travel. I was forced to abandon my modified wagon, but there is no other choice.

That morning was chilly, we can still hear the banging of the goblins trying to destroy the solid walls. The villagers began to pack their things. Some of the women, children and the wounded were already traversing the narrow cave. We also finished to pack our things, and luckily all we will lose are my wagon. And as half of the village escaped through the mine shaft. The large wooden wall began to creak, the large thuds that follows shows that it will break any moment.

And one last large impacr by a severed tree, cracked open the wooden door. Thus the villagers began to scramble to enter the mine shaft. The village warriors prepare for a final defense.

And we loaded another bullet to our chambers.