Chapter 18.2 - My Slaves Part 1

I was accompanied by the slave trader to his shop. He proudly exclaimed that he is the sole slave trader in town who have the completer variety of slaves.

Once I entered the menacing building, I was greeted by a foul smell. He then apologizes for the smell and gave me a handkerchief. The whole place is like a prison, cells after cells, beat up slaves behind bars are the only thing I can see. Man, woman and demi-humans locked up in their individual cell. Some is in the verge of death. My blood is boiling on how this low lifes treat others. His workers are forcing the slave to eat. Some are being beaten for their behaviour.

We then reached his office wherein he invited me for some tea.

"Before, we get down to business, would you care for a cup of tea? And of course here you would discuss to me what kind of slave you are looking for. Come and seat!", The slave trader told me.

"First can I know your name, job and preference?" He asked me as we sit down. He also signalled one of his workers to get us some tea.

"Ok, I'm Karl Lane, an Explorer, part time mercenary part time trader. I would prefer a loyal demi-human who would really do good in serving me." I replied.

"Hmm, aren't you to young to be an explorer?, anyways good preference, you see I have the slave you are looking for." He told me as he finishes his tea and cookie.

He then stand up and told me to wait for a while and help myself on the snacks.

I'm getting pretty nervous where there is going. I would probably end up buying slaves I didn't want to.

He then returned to his office and asked me, "So how much can you afford to buy Mr. Karl?".

I can see him asking me straight if I could be able to afford a slave.

"Honestly I should be in the market for a wagon and a horse but then you encourage me to visit your shop, I have 10k silver coins." I replied.

10k silver coins equates to around 1k gold coins, it is enough to buy two horses and a decent wagon at that price. Of course I still have more money than that.

"Hmm, you have the budget it seems, come with me!", he replied.

He then led me to another room while explaining that he will be offering me his best slaves.

"Oh come enter, let me present to you Mr. Karl, Ilina and Isabel, bth are demi-humans, they are a dog and a cat respecrively." He presented me to them in a very salesman manner.

Ilina have these long shiny black hair, her dog like ears and tail that matches of that on a Labrador. Isabel who have these black and orange hair with cat ears and tail. Of course they have human bodies but with animal parts and characteristics. This is another of my dreams to meet a real life cat girl and dog girl, what a place to be alive.

He explained to me that each cost a hefty 10k silver, untouched, loyal and deadly. He salesmanship is pretty good as he convinces me that as a guy in the field needs a trusty slave in the back. He also joke around about I am still young and they are a fit for me. And of course they could "serve" a young guy like me, and I have a feeling he misquoted me earlier.

I can see that they are being abused here, as I can cuts and bruises as I get closer to them.

I feel more closer to Irina the dog-girl as she emits this aura of loyalty and obedience apparent to her less bruises and cuts, and she is very ladylike, despite she is wearing a junl piece of cloth she wears jt with dignity. Apparent to Isabel who is the polar opposite. Brash and proud. With her eyes she slices down her enemies with just her stare. She have that aura of being self dependent and can kill anyone in a heartbeat. They are both good choices for loyal sidekick.

"Oh, boy I'm in a pickle, can I buy them both?" I asked the slave trader.

Even though I should be looking at horses and wagons, I wonder why did I end up in a slave shop.