Chapter 12.2 - The First Quest Part 2

The whole village is preparing another wave of goblins that are expected to attack this night. They are more active in the night thus attacking at night makes much more sense. Being briefed of what is going on, I already formulated mental plans on how to successfully defend this town. We were then led to our temporary housing, it's a small house but enough for the three of us, it's occupant's died on the first wave so it's vacant.

The leader of the village defenses, Kyle, a middle aged fairly built man, approached me and said, "Can we have a little chat? Mr Karl?".

He lead me to top of the highest building on the town.

"You see, Mr. Karl, I was a former adventurer born and raised in this village, it is not much but the mines generates much more income than the surrounding villages. Since the war once again ignited between the Confederate and the Kingdom, the small villages and towns are left to suffer the consequences." He told me in a calm manner as we overlooked the surroundings.

The high mountains is clearly a sight to see. And the plains and meadows to the front of the village is what would you imagine a peaceful way of life would be. But as I draw my eyes closer to where I'm standing, reality hit's me, and hits me hard.  The idea of living peacefully in this world is just a false pretense of me having the money executing it, but for the other people it is not.

I replied, "You must have asked me out here on what kind of help  the three of us can do?".

"You are sharp Mr. Karl, the villagers are wary of you three, most are thinking that you are only extra baggages. People have been killed, and the villagers have already have their morales down the drain on how the government reacted to our situation. I know you guys are upstarts but with potential looking for income. I am not in the place for this but could at least provide some help for this village" He answered me in a very direct but in a polite manner.

I replied, "I see, honestly, we could only help you at the back as we rely more on our magical items to defeat our enemies. I don't want to brag but we are surely equivalent to a hundred men fighting by you side".

"Don't dissappoint me, Mr. Karl. Please I trust you our backs. So, magical items huh?. Are you perhaps a group of mages?". Kyle replied out of curiosity.

"You can sorta call us that way, we three have magical items or weapons bestowed to us by our great teachers. Weapons that is very different to this world. They call it a gun." I replied while drawing my Colt M1911.

"You see that wood over there?" I asked.

Kyle replied, "Yes, that over there?". As he points to the dangling piece of wood at the neighbouring house.

I quickly put the iron sights directly aimed at the piece of wood. And

BANG!

The loud noise of the mana crystal exploding from the action left Kyle shocked aa he witnessed the piece of wood sent flying.

Kyle replied, "That is some serious magical weapon I have many questions but let us leave it at that, the sun is about to set."

We then both head down to prepare. In my calculation we only have a couple of hours before the sun sets. I searched for Liana and Serefina, and find then helping out the wounded and with them is a girl in pure white but with blood splattered around her dress. They are conducting healing spells. Liana is capable of only very basic healing spells but Serefina can perform basic healing spells. But this girl is healing people much more complex than Serefina can.

She can heal much more deep wounds. I can see her reconnecting some limbs of the injured, but with such high tier magic she illuminated the surroundings while she is doing this. Kyle then whispered to me, "Hmmm, curious to our beloved and most beautiful lady in our village?".

I stumbled at surprised, "Hey, don't creeped to me like that."

"Haha, young man, I can see you are enchanted by our village healer". He replied once again in a straight manner.

"That is Nataly von Iverssen the village healer, and very talented one, Very well then, let me introduce you to her!". He then grabbed and march our way to where she and Liana and Serefina is.

"Oh boy!", I sighed.