Chapter 23.2 - Valley of Life Part 2

A large explosion buckled the whole valley. The explosion went on as planned, it has sent large rocks flying and blocking the narrow path besides the waterfalls.

And to their shocked. A strange sound began to echo in the valley. It's the sound of gunfire. Sounds of mana crystals exploding on contact. Sending metal bullets to the captors. All happening on Semi-Auto.

I taught them to fire only on Semi, becuase my copy of the M-14 also inherited its main problem on the original. Its very hard to fire on full auto, It became to uncontrollable to aim.

And we have limited amount of 7.62mm rounds, so every shot really counts.

The first volley of fire with all our rifles managed only to killed two of the captors and mortally wounding another two. And they are nimbering in dozens. Probably even in the hundreds.

Me and Isabel are positioned near the main road blocking their way out, the other three blocks the hills. The whole valley floor then began a killzone. Of course confused on what is happening. The whole group was in disarray and in a state of panic. I've directed Serefina specifically to snipe their leaders in a hope they would fall into a rout.

***
"High Priest!, we are under attack!"

"Impossible, the guards could not easily have catch us. They are on the other side of town!."

"The attackers are also seems to field new kinds of weapons!"

"Protect me and the goods at all costs Captain!"

"Yes, of course, I have invested a lot on this endeavour of ours."

***

Confused at first the captors was being picked one by one with our rifles. As soon they realized where the attacks are coming from, our muzzle flashes from the exploding crystals is a dead give away in this night. Then they formed in groups and charge their way towards us.

"They are up there!, quickly group together, ATTACK!!"

But that make things easier for us. A 7.62mm round would easily pierce straight through a human body. And a closely group party of 6 men hurdling towards you, if you are lucky enough would only take 3 bullets or less. But of course my copy might have a little less penetrating power.

I quickly took aim on the charging men.

Bang!

The bullet went straight through the chest of the men in the front. And as the bullet exited it then hits the person behind him in the neck.

***
"Uwaahh, sister whats going on" the young girl snuggles Nataly.

"Its alright they are here to rescue us, everyone hug each other!" Nataly tries to comfort the young girl and everyone else.

"I've heard that sound before, it's the sound of Mr. Karls wonder weapon!". Nataly then comforts herself.

***

We then continuously sprays the kidnappers with 7.62mm x 51 NATO, on the poor beings. They are being killed instantaneously, it was not a fight it was a massacre.

Anyone who is lucky enough to reach our firing position would be easily met with a stab from our bayonets. As experienced by a couple of guys charging towards Liana. She stabs a guy then quickly puts a hole in him and as her rifle was stuck. She quickly grabs her M1911 and unleashes a couple of rounds towards the grizzly men hurdling towards her with a sharp sword in hand. My training could only bear so far, but it is enough.

Serefina, on the other hand easily picked up long range targets. As far as 800 meters, I presume. Ilina on the other hand still have difficulties on her rifle and prefers the more intimate and upclose saber to saber fight. Her sword techniques were unmatched. Both Ilina and Isabel have a very different fighting styles. With a pistol in hand she decimates the onslaught of brawny men. She was even like dancing as he fought them.

Isabel with her sharp claws also prefers it at close range. With me as her back up, we tried to match each other movements. When and where should I shoot.

Personally I need to deal with a couple of guys myself. Good thing my reliable bayonet and pistol didn't let me down. They were able to passed through my rifle and Isabel's sharp claws.

But somehow we are able to held off the waves of men running towards us. And without any serious injuries, apart from our minor scratches and cuts.

The battle was bloody and risky, but I think it would be all worth it.