Chapter 19.2 - My Slaves Part 3

A week have passed when I bought Isabel and Ilina during those times I hid them away from Serefina and Liana. We are still stuck here at the village because of many reasons. First we are monitoring Nataly, she have successfully joined the Convent of Healers four days ago. Second is we are waiting for a reply of the Noble of this realm as we submitted a report to the guild that we failed to defend the village. And lastly our customed built carriage is not yet done, the craftsman is having a hard time getting resources.

We need a letter from the Noble confirming the loss of the village for us to get compensations. How in the world we will get compensations even though we failed big time?. Because it seems there is a condition between the Guild and the Confederacy wherein if a single party alone defends a territory of the Confederacy regardless if they win or not are deemed to be compensated according to their actions. Now we are tangled up with this bureaucracy, so much for my free adventurous new life.

But in the meantime I did not waste a single time. I told both Serefina and Liana to take some rest and relax for the coming days. The girls really are exhausted with the ordeal we just endured. Thus, I drew a new battle plan. This will include both Ilina and Isabel and new sets of weapons and gears. But for the mean time I am hiding the existance of both of my slave from the two.

But what I am not hidimg from them is the new M-14, I am still in the process of perfecting the weapon itself. This rifle would significantly increase the number of bullets per minute that we can throw at the enemy. And the village being a mining centric one means I have access to more different kind of metals. My exploratiom on the markets paid off as I have bought some bauxite ores, which I would try to smelt to produce Aluminium so I can then develop my prototype for the AR-15 family.

During those days I've also learned the combat capabilities of Ilina and Isabel. And their skills are what I am looking for. I learned from them that Demi-Humans are natural born fighters and both their clans are well knowned for their combat abilities. Isabel being a demi-human cat can be a deadly assassin if properly trained. And Ilina being a demi-human dog can be your trusted rifleman and scout. Thus I dedicated a few days to reestablished and further hone their skills which they might have gotten rusty because of years of being tied up. I would probably asked why did they end up as slaves some other time.

Within a few days of practicing on the outskirts of the city hunting for low level mobs, I decided to see their skills on a real battle scenario. That's why today we are heading out to clear out a subjugation quest, I also need extra money for their supplies.

Our quest calls for subjugating a pack of dire wolves along the mountain trails who are attacking merchantmen. We quickly head out on foot. I was the only equipped with guns and they only field a sword and a knife for each.

We then patrol near the are where the reports of the attacks are reported. The jungle in this particular stretch of the trail is dense. A being a close quarter combat means the wolves have the advantage over us. As they can use the thick vegetation to quickly overran us. This will also serves as a field test for my new M-14.

Then as we try to cool ourselves under the hot sun. Through a hand signal, Ilina informed us that we have company. I can definitely sense that there is someone out there watching us. The three of us are scanning the treelines carefully, I then pulled the bolt to load a bullet to the barrel.

The 7.62mm x 51mm NATO the M-14 holds are far smaller than the .303 British we are using. But this a single bullet is more than enough to bring down a fairly size animal. And this particular rifle is a full Automatic.