Chapter 6.2 - The Great Elven Forest

We pack our things and proceeded further in the forest. The route we take will take us on to a village near to the Capital. The biggest drawback of using this route is there is higher chance to encounter monsters and beasts.

The forest is still a hunting ground for the elves. There are also unexplored labyrinths where the monsters originate. Entering labyrinths and conquering one is a dangerous job. And the vastness of this forest means clearing everything will be hard.

Two days have passed since the rain fell hard. The ground is still somewhat wet but manageable. Grtting stuck out here would mean death especially when there are only two of you.

I and Liana is always on alert for monsters. I haven't tried using guns at monsters yet and I wish I woould never have to.

The dense forest will make you imagine a European Forest back at Earth. Tall pine like trees towers over the lush green environment.

The road is really dangerous as we would sometimes encounter dead bodies and destroyed wagons along the way.

Because of the wrecks I was able to scavenge some metal weapons, shields and armor. Also some gold, wares, clothes and even rare wine that Liana pointed out that would sell a high price at a town.

I worry that our wagon might become too heavy and heavy weight and mud don't mix well.

We rested out for the night. We spent already a week inside the forest. And while Liana cook for dinner, I tried to make a second Winchester 94 with the material I gathered. I was also able to patch metalshields to the wagon and give the horses lightweight metal plates that I enhance on them.

With the gold I stole from the Noble and the goods I gathered, I am living the life.

That same night I was able to finished a Winchester 94 and another CZ Hammer Coach.

And with my added level I tried to further perfect my Bolt Action SMLE Mk3*, I still need further experience points to further soften the edges.

My level directly affects on what stuff I can modify using my skill, "Weapon Recreate".

And the next morning my worst nightmare becomes true. Liana woke me up as she can feel the horses reacting that a monster is nearby. They are reacting nervously as they neigh wildly.

I told Liana to ready her guns, while I also ready mine. I gently peek out of the wagon.

Then I can see it, it a big ferocious bear.

And it seems he had already encountered humans as arrows and wounds are all over his body.

His roar, led the horses to panic.

Then I think of a plan.

The bear can sniff us at the wagon. Anf he is coming and coming fast!.

Then an idea came to me.

"Liana!, stay here and shoot here from here, listen don't go after me!". I shouted to her.

I use my body enhancement skill then leap outside. Then run towards the bear. Also aiming at the same time.

I let out two rounds.

And it seems it is somehow working. As he was push back a little as he endures the pain.

But it still charges to me and to the wagon. I let out another couple shots. And it seems I will be able to stop.

My trembling finger at trigger let out the remaining bullets. And as he approached rapidly with blood drippimg everywhere. I was to confident enough that my Revolver is enough to put him down.

Then I commit a fatal mistake. I was too late to react to his ferocius charge. I let out whole six rounds of my Revolver. But he was still able to reach me.

His gian paws hit me and sent me flying to the nearest tree.

As Liana cries for me and for help she unleashed a volley of fire to the unstoppable injured bear. And as soon that I will pass out.

I gathered my remaining strength. And run toward the ferocious bear. Putting myself between him and the wagon where Liana is at.

I pulled the shotgun and directly aimed at his face.

As the ear rings from the shotgun unleashing two 12 Gauge shell to his face. The last that I saw is the bear hitting me as he falls to ground and still have the momentum enough to reach me.

THUD!