Part 20.1 - Wolves are Coming!

As soon I take aim on the bushes at the right we heard the rustles of the leaves to the left. Then rustles on the back and front. Using my skill I was able to know where the wolves are hiding. They got us surrounded. They are moving around us at a fast pace trying to completely encircle their targets for the final kill.

Now this got me to thinking that I need a better weapon for close engagement like this. The M-14 is not an ideal assault rifle it is a battle rifle, it's long size will make difficulties in a tight situations like this and the Thompson is heavy to carry so I am thinking of creating a new SMG on the likes of the M3 "Grease Gun", but the Thompson's .45 ACP would have less trouble penetrating the thick vegetation compared to the 9mm.

The two already draw their swords and in a very peculiar combat stance. And they are looking to me in curiosity as I am fielding an unknown weapon.

Ilina said, "Master, I didn't know you are a mage and a higher mage to be exact."

"How can you say?", I replied as I stand guard.

"Higher mages are the only humans qualified to field such odd looking magic weapon", She replied as she scans the treeline.

Then I notice a couple of wolves stopped in their tracks.

"Isabel, watch your right!", I shouted the order.

Isabel then quickly look to her right. Then a couple of wolves emerges from the trees sprinting their way to Isabel. It would only take seconds before they could reached Isabel. I quickly aimed at the direction and unleashed a bullets at full auto. The recoil from the M-14 absolutely put me out of my stance. I probably obly accurately fired a couple of shots before I lose control of the rifle.

The noise I created quickly raise the attention of the wolves as they sprung out of the woods. The two is still surprised how my weapon works. Isable then quickly dodges the two assailant and she managed to rip the neck of a wolf in the process. She moves really fast and agile expected from a cat.

The two then encircled me trying to protect me from the attacking wolves. The magic seal that I got from being a slave master on my shoulder ensures that if I die my slave will also die. Such hardships this world brings.

Now I set my rifle to semi-auto only. I unleashed the remaining bullets at my steel magazine and downed three wolves. And as the last bullet exits the barrel the wolves have already reached us. The two quickly shielded themselves from the wolves. They are struggling to keep the wolves at bay as they are trying to protect me. Seeing that I am only a hindrance to them. I quickly draw my short sword and the M1911 and using my cheat skills broke through the right flank of the attacking wolves. This is the direction I've killed three of them.

I quickly was able to run to the nearest tree and all of the sudden I was able to hold on to the nearest branch as I try to get away from the wolves that chased me. I don't know if my adrenaline or my skills that help me get myself on top of tree branch.

All the while the two seeing I've taken shelter on a tree branch then fought the wolves on their own style, unhindered. Their swordmanship and skills are outstanding. They are not just swinging their swords at the enemy, every blow and cut counts. And it seems the two are pretty coordinated. And as I marvel their capabilities I remembered the the three angry wolves at the base of three. Desperately trying to reach me. I took aim at my M1911 and put them out of misery. I needed to spend two magazines of .45 ACP to make sure they would not cause harm again.

Then I took aim on my M-14, now on Semi-Auto to help out the two. They didn't really need any help but I need to show them how really powerful their Master is. I shot rounds carefully downrange not to hit them.