Chapter 7.1 - ELVES?!

I was sent flying by the ferocious bear, and I hit a tree. And before I blacked out because of the pain. I noticed a person in the nearby tree. "A person with long ears?" I asked myself. "Elves?"

Then I blacked out.

.
.

And when I woke up. I notoced a different ceiling. I quickly try to get up to assess my situation. But was prevented by the excruciating pain of my body. The very first time I felt so much pain since when I was transported or transferred to this world.

I cried because of the pain. That somehow awaken Liana who is resting beside me in a chair. She somehow have fallen to sleep standing by to watch over me.

"Hey Karl, you shouldn't be forcing yourself, you still need to rest." She rallied before me.

And after that I was showered by her ranting for my behaviour. Her way of disciplining me reminds me of my mother. Her continuous blabbering of how risky the actions I undertaken justifies that she is caring over me.

I apologized to making her worry. I also asked what happen afterwards.

And it seems a good female elf help us to get out of the dangerous area and let us here in her house in a Elf Village.

And it seems the village is the same village we are trying to reach.

Then our chatting were interrupted when a blonde beauty in green clothes enters the room.

I was shocked by her beauty, she is almost the same height as Liana, with almost the same body proportionate, with the main difference is she have pointy ears.

"Oh, Mr. Karl it seems your awake now, but stilk needs more recovering. I'm Serefina Treadow, I was the one who rescued you two, And rest assured I will take care of you two until you are capable of travelling", she exclaimed to me.

"Thank you very much for your kindness Ms. Serafina, we are no I will make sure to repay my debts for your kindmess to me", I replied.

"It is in this village customs that helping someone in dire need will bring back fortune, You are just lucky", she proudly rebutt my statement.

And after the discussion, she applied a basic healing spell to speed up my recovery.

She also told me that with my injuries. I need to rest for another two weeks.

And thus I and Liana are stuck here for the time being.

And I carefully plan how to carefully spend the days. With us being too heavy burden. Liana is helping Serafina in basic houshold chores. And in some cases go even with Serafina to hunt for dinner.

Meanwhile I asked Liana to lent me some books. Within a couple of days, I was verse enough to study the Elves history and cultures, norms and values.

And it seems we can't really pursue our travels because it seems this time of the year is where animals both harmful and harmless are bountiful because of dungeons in the mountains.

And in elves tradition it is like a "Open Season". A free for all hunting spree, and thus the roads are very difficult to transverse.

During this time, I also once again fiddle with my weapons. I continuously produce bullets for Liana because of hunting.

And also this is where I confirmed that I can only create an item or weapon as my level will dictates. And with my current level I was able to perfectmy Short Magazine Lee Enfield Mk3*, I also produce a hundred .303 shell, from the loot I found on the way. And with the presence of good sturdy wood I was able to produce a quality rifle.

A week in and I was able to complete one SMLE Mk3*, and another unfinished one. I wasted almost all our metal me and Liana looted from other unlucky explorers or smugglers.

I also put her to a basic workout routine to enhance her physical form. Especially since she is hunting in a very dangerous area.

And also her Winchester 94 does solid job in hunting. This is also a source of envy with the othee groups. This proves that it is still one the best to be used in hunting.

She also try to shoot the SMLE Mk3* and with a devastating effect. That lead me to conclude that I need to finished the other rifle too.