Chapter 9.2 - Love Triangle?

The Elven village jumped to joy when Serefina confessed to me. They immidiately grabbed me and Seefina to the town center. And began the traditional way of engaging two persons for an upcoming marriage. They might be pushing this hard to let one of them to be married to the guy who practically saved their village.

We we're imbued by a magic ring crafted by the finest materials. It let's the wearer to enhance another ones ability and a bunch of other things that wasn't really explained thoroughly.

And after the whole commotion, we headed home. I'm beaten with all what happened the whole afternoon. We retreated to our respective rooms, and then I realized that I haven't seen Liana for the whole afternoon. I nervously thought that she is really mad at me.

Which turned out to be correct.

While searching for her at the nearby woods. Then at top of a tree a blonde waving hair is flying freely. The sight really is beatiful. The moonlight glistering at thw waving hair. Unmistakably, that is Liana. And I tried to approached her, a silhouette of what seems to be a rifle is pointed at me. Then I saw murderous gaze.

BANG!

Nearly grazed me and I stood there frozen.

THEN ANOTHER ONE.

BANG!

That really grazed my arm, causing it to slightly bleed.

Getting hit by a .303 round isn't really pleasant.

I quickly ran for cover.

"LIANA!, ARE YOU SERIOUSLY TRYING TO KILL ME?!", I desperately shouted.

I waited for a reply.

But to no avail I tried to peek to try see the situation.

And as I slowly peeked.

A loud bang echoed trough the forest.

I can feel the bullet passing through my hair.

The bullet missed only a few centimeters, a few centimeters at the right, I would have been killed by Liana, my first fiancé.

I quickly ducked for cover.

"LIANA, THIS TOO MUCH!, I'M SORRY!, I AM REALLY SORRY FOR WHAT HAVE HAPPENED", I desperately begged.

Knowing she must've been mad to me being engaged to another woman only weeks prior to our somewhat symbolical "engagement". And my knees can't stop from shaking. Knowing that my very own weapon could kill me.

I tried to calm down and think of a plan. But thinking that Liana have such precise aim really makes me nervous and proud at the same time.

She already shot 4 rounds with pinpoint accuracy. The SMLE, could fit 10 rounds. And with the practiced we had before the fight, I taught Liana how to fire accurately and how to fire like a semi-automatic. SMLE's are knowned for their fast and smooth bolt-action. With some practice someone could lay down fire like a semi-automatic.

This is proving to be a difficult situation. Then I though of a plan. Considering that Liana has ten round on the SMLE. She has approximately have 6 rounds left. But if she loaded only 5 rounds the reload time would let me close the distance.

Then using my "Body Enhancement" skill I sprinted out of cover. Running towards her in a random zigzag way. She fired continously at me and as she fires the last one. I quickly dashed my way to her.

And she tried hard to reload. I am closing the gap fast. She is having a hard time inserting the clil to the rifle. And as I closed in I quickly grabbed the rifle upwards. Flicked her hands, grabbed the rifle and throwed it away.

And I quickly hugged Liana. And I quickly lay down to my knees.

"I am really sorry, Liana. I'm sorry for the actions I've made. I know I could have fought to let them free me, but I didn't able to do it  so I am really sorry.", I desperately explained.

She then cried, "You jerk!".

She then slapped me hard.

I really deserved that one. Going for two girls at once isn't really a good idea.

She then quickly ran away.

And then I settled down to rest at the bottom of the tree. I grabbed the rifle and the clips scattered around. Repaired it and I go to sleep at a branch. Going back to where we are staying is not a good idea considering the situation.

I then spent a day wandering around the forest. Letting things cool downed.