Chapter 22.1 - Cavalry is Here! Part 1

A 7.62mm round pierces the black rabid wolf knocking it down instantly. The power of my copied M-14 should not be taken lightly.

We continue to gallop forward. As I continuously unleashed rounds after rounds in Semi-Auto on some tree brances. Practicing my aim in the process.

I told them to do the same thing I am doing. But of course preserve as much bullets we will need. If we are planning to successfully chase and defeat the kidnappers down the only way we can compensate our low numbers is to pick them up one by one as we ride our horses. A five-man party is not really a threat to gang of dozens.

Thus, we need to practice. And we don't have time for lenghty step by step process. We have to practice while on the way, if not we would be too late to catch the kidnappers on time.

We simultaneously let out burst of gunfire on the trees and vegetation around us as we gallop our way in the treacherous smugglers road. Serefina have no trouble in hitting targets on the move because of her wind skills. But the three is having a hard time.

A recoil of a battle rifle is too much for the ladies to fire continuously. After a magazine of 20 rounds I can see them struggling. It might be a bad idea to charge a cavalry charge on the kidnappers with an untrained party.

Thus I came up with a plan.

The plan calls for a quick drive by on the enemy convoy as we catch then up. We would try to get them in a surprise and in one fell swoop we going to try decimate them as many as we can. After that we are going to set an ambush up ahead in tge mountain pass. Easily picking them one by one.

The map provided by the smuggler is very detailed in this particular area. That gives me a feeling that geography could really play a part on how we could rescue them.

I am planning to overtake them near the "Valley of Life", the main road cuts towards the center of the valley giving us a very good vantage point at the side of the valley. The Valley's name is ironic to what I am planning. It's absolute bloodshed, a one sided attack, our rifles could easily pick them one by one from both sides.

But things don't go as planned.

We finally reached the area where the two roads diverge. It is located on the middle of the mountain. The main road is carefully carved from the side giving traveller comfort. A far cry from the smugglers road. Where vegetation and steep rock hills are king.

The view from the road here give us an overlooking sight of the region. The sun was only about to rise giving us a very eye catching view of the beauty of this region. How I wish my phone still works so I can take picture of these magnificent work of art. The rays of the sun, illuminated the snowy top of the surrounding mountains giving us a sight that can be impossible to forget.

The large mountains of the Confederate dwarves everything. From here a faint figure from the horizon can be easily identified as the town we came from.

Now we lie here clueless.

But as I try to figure what to do next.

Ilina quickly grabbed our attention as she shouts. "Blood!".

She pointed at the undeniable traces of blood on the road.

She concludes that the blood is young and anyone who is bleeding is not too far away.

Thus we gave chase to a possible lead to the whereabouts of the kidnappers.

As we push through the mountain path, I can't help but wonder. If we are not going to gave chase. The townspeople would no be able to catch up to the kidnappers. If they are really going to cross to the Kingdom. The most possible thing would be if the kidnappers would take them hostages and issues payment. Then the large army could probably succeed.

I'll let it bother me some other time. This time we only have a common goal in mind.

Rescue Nataly.