Chapter 10.2 - Onto the Confederacy

It's been almost two days since we left the village. And now we are now almost out of the Great Elven Forest, our wagon is speeding through the dirt road in haste. After the Great Elven Forest will be great plains of the Confederacy, a lush semi European-Asian country like as described by the Elves. The country was a part of the former Kingdom of Ayslania. The predecessor of the Kindom of Willchem. The powerful nobles detached from the original Kingdom as it falls to a civil unrest.

Thus, the Confederacy is somewhat have more freedom to its citizens rather the absolute monarchy of the Kingdom of Willchem . Sounds like the United States and the United Kindom back in the day. Back in this Confederacy the leader is shuffled to in a rotation in the 4 main states. And now we are heading to the State of Ylaz.

While on stop for the horses too, we conduct our own training in using the rifle. Serefina handles the long range engagement as she has absolutely ridiculous marksmanship, probably the result of Elves being the master of the bow and arrow. The SMLE Mk3 is historically excellent and i wish my reproduction of it can also be that excellent.

As we only use the same weapons, Liana and I will handle the medium to short range engagements. I also taught them proper stances on using the rifles. Like mimicking the American way of shooting a rifle back in World War 1, wherein the shooter will sit with one of his legs upward where he or she will place the rifle on top, resulting to better accuracy. We tried to mimic basic infantry man during World War 1, rifles , shotguns, grenades and with body armor to back it up. I developed a grenade based on a WW1 design, but this time it will not be time delayed but on impact style grenade. I still need to figure out how to delay the explosion of the mana crystals. The grenade is built by a large mana crystal and covered by a thin metal sheet.

If thrown and hit the ground it will explode on contact. Thus it is a very dangerous weapon so we wrapped it cotton and put it on a wooden crate, it will be used as a last resort. And as for the clothes I am already designing one, it will be like a WW1 trenchcoat with pockets for clips and bandages but of course the bottom part will be a skirt designed for mobility. We need to find a good sewer. The body armor, both the helmet and the breast plate we wore are made from the Wyvern scales we got from the invading slave traders. Enhancing using my skill at my current level can stop a blunt attack, regular arrows and even a .45 caliber round, as I continue to level up it might be also be able to stop a .303 round.

Then that night we are able to cross the border of the Confederacy, the Confederacy and the Elven Kingdom has a much more friendlier relationship than taht with the Kindom of Willchem, thus we are able to cross the land. For two days we traverse the plains of the Confederate, with towering mountains on the horizon and some little forests. We stopped over at a little village to spend the night. And we have to be on guard with our wagon as it contains the precious Elven goods. The gold and jewelries that I plundered from the skirmishes I've been involved are stored in my magic sack. I can store a very large amount of items but it is dependent on the owners level.

And I might have forgotten to say this but a guy who has an Explorer job can create his own party using magic paper. This is where the explorer can share and distribute experience points to party members with additional extra points unlike with other jobs. In a sense they would also earn some exp points if I got some even though they didn't do anything, it has it's ups and downs. And with our engagement rings we can also add in buffs to ourselves like increase experience points and increase skills effectiveness. In this way I can also communicate through them mentally, like what a physic does, or just like private messages on RPG games.

Our lives are pretty comfortable, we even thought of just setting up our home in the Confederate.