Chapter 9.1 - Aftermath

After the fierce defense and counterattack by us and the Elves against the slave traders that resulted in a one sided victory. The event was a significant one as it symbolizes that Elves can no w defend themselves once again, and a village successfully defender themselves without the help of the Elven Kingdom Knights.

After the cleanup, we stashed away looted materials from the slave traders. And that night the whole village held a feast for the resounding victory.

The whole village is flooded by food and alcohol. It's a very wacky celebration. The spirits of every Elves that night are off the chart.

"Now, everyone settle down, I have an important message to convey", the village chief shouted.

And the whole village settled down to listen to what the chief will say.

"As to commemorate the valour of two humans namely Mr. Karl and Ms. Liana. I present them the "Ring of Elven Approval", this is to show every Elves that they might encounter in the future that the Elves value them and thus are not a threat. This is to show other Elves across continents that not all humans are harsh against us Elves.", the village chief exclaimed to the front of the whole village.

Then, a loud cheering commences. They are thanking us for helping them.

The village chief approached us.

"We are truly grateful for your actions our heroes, here is the "Ring of Elven Approval", it has imbued magic on it that signals other Elves that you are not a threat it also have some magical effects." the village chief told us while handing in the two rings for both of us.

Then Serefina approached and told us, "It's an honor for someone especially humans to receive such award, such award are mostly only reserved to Elven Knights. It's a simbol of authority and loyalty to the Kingdom, CONGRATULATIONS".

We thank Serefina and she imvited us to spend the night mingling with other Elves.

That morning a major cleanup was executed. Some are repairing the villages defenses, some fixed their houses damaged from all the fighting that occured.

And as we gather the slave traders things, I was told by the chief that half of the loot will be given to us, and I cannot refused as this will be disrespectful for the Elves. Thus I have a fair shair of steel weapons and a couple of that Wyvern Shield that is only penetratable by a firearm.

Even my bayonet can't pierce the thick scales. Thus it let me wonder if I can create a body armor and helmet out of it, which I did, where i created 4 pairs. Then my weapon replenishment once again started.

I restocked another sacks of 5-clip .303 round, .45 caliber rounds. And upgraded the Winchester 94 to bolt action SMLE Mk3*. The CZ Hammer Coach was upgraded to a Winchester Model 1897  pump action shotgun, it can accomodate 5 - 12 gauge shells.

And as I spend another whole day just to replenish my ammunition stock. I came out with a solution to hasten production. It was to used molds for the steel bullets, and of course adding the exploding crystal is still manually done.

I also put some "armor" part of the wagon and the horses too.

We also stockpiled supplies for our journey towards the Confederacy of Gloriana as originally planned, but bypassing the route through the Elven capital as we are told by the villagers another shorter route.

And to help the village to help them defend themselves from another attack, we created ballistas on top of the towering trees and large crossbows with my help. The tension they releases cannot really effectively pierced the Wyvern shield, but enough for someone to sent flying due to the force it releases. Which is a new wonder weapon to the Elves.

We stayed at the village for anotger half a week before we set off for the Confederacy.

And we packed our belongings and ready tge wagon. Serefina came running.

"Please let me join you at your travels!", Serefina exclaimed while breathing heavily.

"Uhm, Serefina, we are going different places, there might be circumstances that you will not be able to return here." I told Serefina.

"Mr. Karl, I dedicate myself to you and offer myself to be your wife!, I.., I love you!", Serefina exclaimed with other Elves watching.

Of course I am shocked and so does Liana.

This going to be troublesome.