Chapter 23.1 - Valley Of Life Part 1

We rushed our way to the known Valley of Life. The Valley was famous for it's very rich history. A legend pass down to the townsfolk tells a story of a Great Sage not long ago, healing thousands of young injured men of the Confederacy on it's early days.

The war with the Kingdom for an independent nation have come far. And the Confederacy is losing.

After a major battle with the Kingdom with a very sound defeat for the Confederacy. The whole army comprised of volunteers, mostly young abled men drafted for service, was injured and or bleeding to death. They have camped here in the Valleys to take a rest.

But the scout then immediately alarmed then a massive force of Kingdoms soldiers was bearing down upon them.

The remaining abled soldiers hold their ground. Not thinking of leaving their comrades at the hands of the enemy.

They readied their own gear. Swords, bows and arrows, pikes, lances and even maces, were drawn. They would fight till their last breath.

As they formed in. Columns of Royal soldiers began to appear at their front. In a battle formation of course.

All hope is lose for these men. But they have gathered all their strenght for this one last fight.

But then, a man in white robes began to shout an incantation from the top of the valley.

Then a bright white life illuminated from the man. And this light then encircled the whole army. And as the man finishes his incantation. The whole army was healed. Everyone was fit to fight and much stronger than before. They were able to crush the army chasing them.

But with the remaining extra strenght provided by the mysterious man. They went on to crush the unaware army of the Kingdom, camping not to faraway.

This have help the Confederacy to change the tide of war to their advantage. That one event shaped this whole nation. And the man was never found.

And using this place for the traitorous deeds by the Priest himself, if it is true. Was a slap for everybody in the Confederacy.

But of course I am going to end his deeds. Not because of the Confederacy, but because of a promise with a villager. I hope a legend of mine could also be passed through generations.

But back to the task at hand.

As we approached the Valley of Life. We could evidence that a massive group was camping here. Evident with multiple smokes from the campfires visible even from behind the hills and mountains in this cloudless and clear night. With the moon perfectly illuminating the whole valley.

We disembarked on our horses and began to trek the hilk that divided us from the valley. Charging through the main road around would be a disadvantage for us.

Thus I came up of a brilliant plan as we observe the whole camp from above the hills. There is a waterfall on our right. With very peculiar rock formations and to our front are steep hills, and in the left are the main road and the mountains. And in the center of it all, lies the camp of the kidnappers.

From our position, we are well within firing range of 600 meters. But only Serefina have a glass scope. If I am hoping we could shoot accurately with our iron sights. We need to at least gwt more near. We have not really mastered my M-14's yet. And any flaws in my copy would probably show up during the upcoming battle. Not the perfect time of course.

But I would accept that my M-14's are still full of flaws. But nonetheless we would still push through.

And as I ponder upon the performance of the rifle, Liana came up on idea.

To prevent the kidnaplers from escaping. We need to block their way out. Thus I think for a solution. And came up with something.

I would need to create large mana crystal and detonate it on the rocks and boulders near the water fall. The explosion would sent the large rocks tumbling down towars the converging narrow main road, thus completely blocking it. And with the sharp hills on the front its impossible to climb to.

That leaves us only two areas to defend, the main road and the hill we are on top of.