Chapter 21.1 - Surprise Part 1

A week passed by very quickly. I was able to regain a lot of stuff that we lost on the failed campaign on defending the village. I also think that the time is right to introduce our new "companions" on our party. I've also recently bought a large carriage that needs two special horses. It is armored and designed to accommodate both people and goods. It is the best for our job.

And we also upgraded our arsenal with our standard battle rifle, the M-14, one for each, partnered with our own customized M1911's. We also have specialized weapons, like shotguns, some grenades and even molotovs.

We also now have a wide variety of clothes. And as our current uniform I've decided we ordered ourselves custom made designs. The design follows resemblance on the battle uniforms soldiers worn during the Vietnam War era, some are plain olive green and some are camouflaged ones and it costs a dime. But because we field weapons on the same era, and I think it is appropriate.

I am now also working on a prototype AR-15, and it will pave the way for me to produce the M-16 and eventually the M-4 and its derivatives. The family line is much better suited at us, primarily the ladies are not really comfortable with big rifles and heavy 7.62mm ammo.

I then invited all the ladies to join me on a dinner on the most prominent restaurant on town for a "meeting", the two would probably be not fond on having another two on the party.

Thus I make my own preparations. I bought them expensive gifts that surely dented my own purse. I know that it is pathetic of me to bribe my way out of the problem. And I know them personally that money or any other material things would sway them that easily.

And so then I have to make up good excuses and such.

Then at the dinner. I anxiously wait alone on the big rectangular table located on the far right of the restaurant. The resto is busy this night as always. I have Isabel and Ilina temporarily sit on a table across. I've come up on an idea that will probably fail.

Then the two arrived.

Liana and Serefina broke through the front door woth such elegance and aura thay everyone stopped and glance over them.

They are really dressed for this occasion. They are both wearing a very Victorian era like clothes. And they are rocking itm

Liana's fiery red dress and Serefina's cool light blue dress compliment each other as they walk together on the hallway. Their blonde hair also emphasized how the colors blend.

And then they sat at my table.

Serefina then said,"What's with the extra chairs?".

"I'll get to the point, we have new party members" I exclaimed.

"You invited us over for dinner just to announce that we have new members?", Liana added.

"Yes, you are correct" I replied.

"So what's the catch?, spill it out Karl". Serefina asked in a serious manner.

"You already read me huh?" I then replied.

"You are really easy to read Karl, always have been" Liana replied.

"I have bought slaves to fight with us", I exclaimed.

"You bought what?", Liana asked surprised.

"Slaves, I bought slaves", I replied.

"Well if they are going to help us fight, why not?" Serefina then replied.

"But still, you could just have asked around for people to join us voluntarily", Liana added.

"He already bought them, and we don't have any choice." Serefina then replied.

"So, can we meet them now?", Liana asked me, as silently sat in the corner.

At a flick of my finger.

Two women rise up from the table across and positioned at my back and said, "Yes, Master".

And of course the two are surprised and obviously not happy.

And then they began to scold me.

The two are so loud at scolding at me that we drew the attention of the whole restaurant.

Then as they calmed down, I told them the story behind the two. That helped them to calm down much further. And with the story of how the two of them took down a pack of wolves. Makes the other two slightly glad, knowing they now have new dependable partners on the field.

We then enjoyed the most delicious meals I've had on this world. With my party expanded, we could now seek for more demanding jobs and quests.

And it seems this are not only the surprises this day.