Chapter 25.2 - Brief Respite Part 2

A few days before I accepted the job request of escorting the Caravan to the Capital, the ladies have undergone their own training. Honing much further their skills in markmanship. They have already accustomed themselves on the M-14, using a ton of bullets I've personally handcrafted in the process.

They've even accepted a job request on their own as I've finished rectifying the rifles.

The job requested them to clear one of the paths towards the mine, a certain path has been the perfect ambush spot for a band of thiefs.

And the Guild and the Commerce guys had enough of the missing ores, thus they put a request on the Adventurer's Guild for the said job.

The ladies consulted me about it, but with amount of work I have to do, I left them on their own devices. And surprisingly they finished the job only under a day, what a remarkable feat. They we're able to defeat the bandits without a scratch, it reminds me of how terrifying my weapons are.

Thus after that we had another banquet in celebration of their feat. I've also given them their own set of beautiful dresses as reward.

"Liana, you look really good on that uniform of ours.", Serefina casually remarked as their party tries out the new olive drab uniforms.

"Nataly, why does your uniform has a red marking like object?", Isabel asked as she curiously stared on the red cross on one of the pockets of Nataly.

"Mr. Karl said it means 'healer' or some sort, I am not really sure.", Nataly replied.

"But these uniforms are pretty unique. It is much comfortable to move around, Karl did a good job on this one.", Liana remarked.

"Master calls our uniforms as 'Battle Dress Uniforms', I am sure  he designed this for us to fight more effectively.", Ilina then seriously said.

"What's with the seriousness Ilina?. Anyways Karl only suggest we wore these 'uniforms' if we're on a job. Besides Karl did gifted me a wonderful dress last night.", Serefina replied.

"Hey, I also got one.", Nataly replied.

"Master also gifted me my most wonderful dress yet!", Isabel joyfully said.

"Master also did give me a gift.", Ilina then said.

"Sheesh, that Karl, playing again with us.", Liana then replied as she took a peek on her dress gifted also to her.

A few uneventful days blissfully passed by.

We had already relaxed so much for the last week, and still I have gold to burn.

BANG! BANG!

A series of lound explosions ratlle the outskirts of the nearby forest.

"How's the new weapon Karl?", Liana asked.

"Still a long way to go, I also need a lot of stuff before I completed this M-16.", I joyfully anwered Liana.

"Uh huh, but we got our M-14s right?", she asked.

"Ain't the M-14s too heavy for you ladies.", I answered back.

"Fair enough, say Karl, I still have a lot of questions to you, but I can't find the perfect time and place for it.", Liana seriously said.

"Hey, you're making me nervous here.", I replied.

"Why did you choose me, Karl?"

"What is that kind of question Liana?"

"I mean, I would really say I've really liked you eversince we first met. But it's not I am doubting you or some sort. Why did you save me countless of times?", Liana asked, looking serious.

"With that serious look on your face, I guess I need to answer. Isn't it obvious, because I love you, Liana", I answered back.

"You love me?, yet you took other girls with you? I've turned a blind eye for weeks now, if you love me, why can't you choose me above the others? You have slept with all of us already, I don't know if am really stupid or just plain naive.", Liana said as she shed tears and fell on her knees.

Surprised with the drama that just unfold, I silently hugged her tight. Speechless, I began to caress Liana as she cried her tears out.

That left me thinking, eversince I've came into this world. Unfurling once again the events that had unfold, I think to myself. What I am doing with my 'new' life, I am enjoying this as much as I can, but how about my companions.

Why am I living this life as if I am inside a video game. Looking at people as just tools you need for a wonderful game, neglecting their feeling in the process.

What did I become?