Chapter 24.2 - Rescued Part 2

We slowly cross the frigid river with the enemies at our gunsights.

"Nobody moves" I shouted.

Once I reached the Priest I quickly tackled him down, with his two guards unable to do a thing.

Ilina and Isabel then rounded up the remaining aggressors and tied them up.

With all of them tied up in a circle and at gunpoint, they could not do a thing. After all they just have lost their leader, and fighting to get free would get them killed instantly.

We then proceed to set free the hostages. They are all from the church, and they are all capable healers. A rarity these days, thus would fetch a high price as slaves. The older ones quickly approached the helpless Priest. And took their time beating him up. It's a sight to behold.

"You, worthless old man" and was followed by a kick.

"You shall suffer the God's tyranny" as he was electrocuted by one of the healers.

There was a big cheer among the now free captives. And took turns hurting their now "captive" captors. Throwing them with rocks. A tradition supposedly by the church to punish those who have commited blasphemous acts.

Nataly then quickly burst among the group, freed by Isabel. She quickly head towards us and hugged both Serefina and Liana.

"Thanks for saving me"

"We would always help a friend in need", replied Liana.

"I think you have to really thank the man behind me", interjects Serefina.

She then broke free from the two and then quickly approached me. Confused if she will hugged me or shakes my hand, she goes for the latter.

"Thanks, Karl, I knew you guys would come after us".

"I promised you father, that I'll help you to accomplish your dreams, and I know being a slave isn't one of them"

"We are sure that once we cross the border, we will be slaves. I am indebted to you even further now." Nataly replied emotionally.

And with the quick reunion. We then plan on how to get back to town.

It appears that we can all travel back on our own, but we lack the manpower to safely escort the criminals back to town so they can served their sentence, their "would be" sentence.

But we decided to wait for reinforcements.

As the sun rises an army of militia men and adventurers marches towards us.

I then positioned myself at the front, rifle on hand of course.

"You guys are late"

"Better late than sorry" their leader replied.

"Let's go home shall we, everyone are already tired"

"Don't tell me that your party alone took on the Kidnappers."

"We did, unfortunately"

"He's right, they attacked them at the middle of the night", a guy in a scout uniform interjects.

"They are the ones in our report battling the criminals, what we didn't knew is that they are friendly."

"So I guess you have captured their leader I presume", the leader then asked.

"We killed him, but we got a more important person whose behind all this"

"Very well then"

"Ilina, bring me the mastermind please"

Ilina then dragged a man out with a sack in his head. And presented him to the army.

"I present to you guys, the one whose responsible for this", I then removed the sack from his head.

His battered face can still be recognized.

"What blasphemy", the leader pronounce.

Followed by a commotion with the militia behind him.

The leader approached the guy with a knife in hand.

"AND YOU PROCLAIM US SINNERS?", he angrily shouted to the priest with a knife pointed at his neck.

After that we prepare all the things.

The militia distraught by the truth then marches back towards town. With the criminals in tow, they will suffer a shameful march to home and to be followed to be judged by jury.

We followed them on horseback.

The journey back towards town was long and uneventful.

But as soon we reached the gates. We were was met with cheers from the townsfolk.

They celebrated us all as heroes, as we march down the main street. The criminals have now suffered so much by now and I can't help pity them st how helpless they are. And when the priest was presented in the town square, everyone was enraged. Hopefully he would not die in the hands of the people before he can face his trial.