Chapter 18.1 - Town of Lisania

A third of the remaining villagers decided to travel with us to the Town of Lisania. It is a bustling town as it sits at the middle of the trade route of the Confederacy, goods travel in and out the town. It is a merchant heaven, Liana told me that she have visited this town with his father to trade goods from the Kingdom. The town from the outside is considerably large, much larger than the town lf Fluiberg, and of course smaller than the City of Delaiz. As soon as we enter the town for identification we are greeted by the Head Guard of the town.

He shared then his sympathy to what happen and the town is welcoming the village refugees. Of course being explorers we are then greeted differently and they directed us to report to the guild what happened. And all of that I didn't noticed that Serefina grabbed Nataly from the group. Of course for the valid reason that she is planning to enter the convent, and the hold up villagers might be sent to other village in the surroundings, or be in debt by the Town by helping them as one merchant told me. This is how the world works and I can't do anything about it.

We proceeded to the Guild and reported what happened, and thats it, they just written down the noted and told me that the noble would be receiving the report. And because we failed we don't receive the reward. And all our losses will not be compensated. It might be a great disappointment but considering that we could have save lives is more worth it than a sack of silver.

We then find a nice inn to stay and have a nice dinner at a local restaurant. Tomorrow the girls planned and asked me to spend their whole day to buy clothes and stuff and of course to explore the city by themselves. Of course I flat out agreed afterall I also needed to buy a new horse and and wagon. Thus the day after tomorrow will be the day where Nataly would join the convent

The next day the girls head out early to buy some clothes and stuff for them and Nataly. As she almost lost everything. Our monetary situation is not dire yet so we can at least spend a little for something. Of course not as luxurious as before.

Thus I decided to go out alone to procure a new horse and wagon. In search for a good place to buy I ended up in the market square. Where there are tons of people, some elves and overwhelming amount of demi-humans as slaves. I was in the middle of a market straight out of an RPG, it is exciting even though I have been here for months, the sight of RPG elements at full blown real 3D is very different from what you will see on a computer screen. It is still breathtaking, a busy market, adventurers with swords, demi-humans, and elves all in the same place.

The most intriguing lart here is my there's a lot of demi-humans with big chains around there neck doing the heavy work for humans. And they are being maltreated every single time. Of course I have encountered slaves, and even fought slave traders before but not on this level.

"Oh young man, perhaps are you interested in taking some slave on your own?", somebody approached me and straightforwardly asked.

"You see I can offer you good slaves for a very good price. Be it elves, demi-humans and even demons. I have it." The grumpy middle aged man is really pushing for a sale.

Of course I am a little curious as the slave traders I've encountered only deals with the rich, and not to a normal man like me.

"I am surpised that you are offering me slave out in the open mister? Wouldn't that get you in trouble?" I asked him.

"You mist be a newcomer huh? Well I welcome you to the Town of Lisania, the Town of Slaves. Because we are in the middle of the trade route we need manpower to do our heavy jobs. And unlike from the Kingdom and the other regions lf tge Confederacy you can legally buy here thanks to the reforms of our Noble. The realm needs extra cash for the war right?." He explained to me in a very energetic manner.

"I see, I might want to have a look to buy some slaves." I replied with a slight grin at my face.