Chapter 15.1 - Tragedy Strucks Part 1

We are definitely in a tight spot, we are surrounded. Goblins in the front and back with fortified houses at the side we have no escape. I told Liana that we will retrest and push back the goblins at our rear, also covering the village archers and Serefina to escape from the top of the stone building. We then proceed to decimate the goblin at our rear. And the villager launch an all out attack to cover the retreating remaing villagers. But I was too careless. We did open up a small route for us to retreat to the villagers at the rearmost part of the village. But I was not ready that the goblins also at the back would catch up fast. And another massive force broke thought the right flank as the tiny gap for us to escape collapses the defending villager were outnumbered. Their attacks are relentless giving us no time to breath.

A blunt weapon hit me at the back of my head knocking me down face first to the ground. I was dizzy for a moment as I try to stand up. Liana quickly covered with her shotgun and tried to help me. Serefina seeing the problem broke through the village defenses and rush to help us, which is still stuck at the left flank.

I quickly reached for my head and see blood oozing out. It hurts, and it hurts bad. Liana ran out of shotgun shell and Serefina do not have a secondary arm   they resort to their Colt M1911, it's .45ACP is well enough to stop a goblin. They tried to retrieve the battered me. But then a goblin was able to reach Liana and stabbed her at the stomach. Knocking her down. With me in Serefina's arms she have no choice but to abandon Liana.

But as I gained consciousness, I quickly tried to escape from the arms of Serefina. Desperately crying as I saw Liana about to be hit by a blunt weapon.

THUD!

A goblin hit her in the head and as she lose consciousness, he grabbed her and retreated to their rear. All of this happening in front of my eyes. So I frantically tried to escape the arms of Serefina hugging me desperately. We are still in the front of the villages defenses with  the villagers also helplessly watch.

"IT'S TOO LATE!, IT'S TOO LATE!", She repeatedly told me as she cries.

"NO, IT'S NOT!", I shouted back, I shove the crying Serefina aside and ran towards Nataly at the back healing the wounded.

I grabbed the bayonet from the rifle dangling at my back. And pointed it at Nataly. While shouting, "HEAL ME, HEAL ME NOW!".

The battered Kyle quickly jumped to the scene, "Woah, there kid, easy, calm down.".

"I AM SERIOUS! I WILL SLIT OPEN YOUR NECK!" I frantically shouted while tears and blood pours down my face at Nataly while pointing the bayonet at her.

"Nataly, do what he says", Kyle shouted.

A great white light once again illuminated the area. And as I regain strength I quickly ran for Liana, shoving once again Serefina who tried to block me saying its suicide. My mind is blank at this moment, thinking of only how to save Liana, that everything would be fine. I quickly grabbed my Thompson and magazines that I dropped and using my magical skills I dashed towards the enemy evading them in the process. I can feel that I drastically leveled up as my body enhancement skill is much more powerful than before. Using my Eagle eye reveals that I can now partially see through the dark as once again the moon was covered by dark clouds.

I bolted in to the rear of the attacking goblins and was able to see the wounded Liana being carried by an ogre towards the Goblin King.

It is said that Goblin Kings are the rare product of when a goblin reproduce with a human female. It is really rare and it is unproven and was just a saying by some adventurers. In a sense Goblin Kings is really part human. And to think  he captured Liana and not killed her, he might use her for that purpose.

I was enraged with anger.

But with only limited ammo I can only do so far. I quickly took a break at a top of burnt tree.

Looking with my ammunition I've got two box magazines for Thompson and 10 clips with 5 rounds for my rifle. If only I have more box magazines I might be avle to successfully rescue Liana.