17. The contract

"So... it's a contract," He deadpans. He looks tired, his eyes are red and a little puffy. 

Surprisingly, his hair was combed, wearing jeans and a shirt on. 

My first thought went to my grandma, I am sure she made him wear it. He smelled really nice. I am sure she made him wear it. 

The damn man looked absolutely delicious.

It was hard to keep my hands to myself. And I think my grandmother knew that by the look on her face, she has a satisfied smirk that I wanted to wipe it off.

I stop my drooling when I receive a pinch in my arm from Lilith. I gulp and glare at her.

We were in the conference room: my aunt and uncle, brother, sister-in-law, my thirds and my grandmother. 

Oh, and my mate is here too. 

For the first time in a long time, I felt extremely uncomfortable.

"Yes, it is like a contract. You and Angélique are mates. One of you has an ego and stubbornness threw the roof, making it pretty hard for you guys to be together," My grandmother answers, making everybody try to suppress their laughter. To tell you the truth I failed not to smile at the comment.

Malcolm only has a grim look on his face.

"Look, Malcolm, with this contract, my granddaughter can't do you shit. And your status as her mate will be initiated into the community papers. I know you are still mad at her for marking you without your consent and then tried to kill you," I gasp cutting her off.

"That is bullshit, he tried to kill me. Not the other way," I retaliate, not liking how my grandmother is so nice to my idiot mate. 

"And I marked you because you were trying to kill yourself, you ungrateful brat," I snap at Malcolm who is just glaring at me.

"Wow, I really can feel the love coming from you, dear mate. You finally remember me when I almost die. That is very romantic of you," He sasses back. I open my mouth, the audacity of this man.

My grandmother rolls her eyes at both of us. My aunt whispers something along the lines of 'This is going great' making everybody trying to suppress their laughter.

"What has the Moon Goddess created?" Olympe whispers looking at the sky, already exasperated. 

"I don't know which one is the most stubborn in this relationship. If it's not you with the idiot idea that you can reject your mate," She says, pointing me with her hand, then turning to my mate at my opposite side.

"Or you, who is supposed to be the man of the house, and doesn't know how to control this bitch," She says angrily making everybody gasp and for my uncle to start laughing his ass off, like always.

"Mom! That is so sexist!" My aunt objects, while I said "I will be the man of the house, fuck you," To Malcolm's face, grinning.

"You will make a terrible man," He says back, smirking. While everybody was arguing over what my grandmother said. 

"Well, fuck you, Malcolm. You are a terrible one," I cross my arms, grumpy. He doesn't stop giving me an infuriating smirk.   

All my girls were not happy with what my grandmother said. 

Then got mad at their partners for not saying anything, which they said that they agreed with them.

It was a mess.

"Oh, for the Moon's Goddess' sake, shut up," Olympe warns, not in any way disturbed by all the ruckus. 

"Now, we see what is wrong with this generation: Malcolm, I know you are pissed at Angélique at the moment, but I know you do not want to reject her. Same to my granddaughter, she only has a bigger ego and unresolved trauma that keeps her from committing," She continues by giving him the contract and then a copy to me.