45. The Serum

We were all in the lab. 

By all, I meant to say everybody in the medical team. 

Dr. Hunt, his son and Anahí were team leaders. Then there was Roberto and his mate Shia, both are anesthesiologists in the nearby human town. And then we had our nurses, Lauren and Miss Andre.

And with me was Malcolm, Rosy, Lilith and Lorelai. Which in any case, had no idea what the medical team was talking half of the time.

They were tasked to work on the anti-rogue serum. We are still working on the name.

But things were looking up at the moment. 

Since 2020 and the big pandemic, we are now always compermentalising the blood of each member of the Blood Crest Pack. For one, to know if they had all the antibodies they could have, but also to learn how blood works when wolves are in different envirronments.

Like for example, when we first caught Malcolm, you could see that his blood was far different from today. It is like being in a pack, Malcolm's blood has calmed down, it is less stressed. 

I mean, I don't know how to explain it, I just took biology in high-school and almost flunked it.

"It depends on each stage of the rogue, but they look like they have gotten much more adrenaline than normal wolves," Anahí says, showing some graphics in one of the screens of the lab. "Each stage shows a bigger format in what we are calling the 'wolf on steroids'."

"What are the different stages?" I ask, taking notes on a pad, trying to keep up with all the information they were giving us.

"Well, we have only noted 2 big stages at the moment. And it is not an exact science. We have stage one, where most rogues are in, like you were Alpha Malcolm," Lauren chips in, looking very embarrassed to talk directly to my mate. 

"Of course, we could make a lot of sub-categories on them. All wolves experience it differently. But these two categories were the more remarkable differences," Dr. Hunt Senior says, looking very tired and angry.

Dr. Hunt has been working on this for almost a week now, not taking many breaks. I had to command him to sleep 2 days ago. Since we asked him to gather his team, we worked non-stop on it. 

I slightly roll my eyes, trying to contain my smile, knowing how my mate affected some wolves in my pack. They all were very jealous of his looks, or were very jealous of me for having him. 

And let's just say Lauren wasn't immune to my mates charming smile he was giving her.

"What does the Stage 1 contain?" Lorelai cuts in, taking notes too, looking extremely focused in the task in hand. Lorelai has always been the hardcore one, always focused and ready for anything.

And when I say anything, I mean Anything.

"Stage one is when the rogues are still sick, but they can do normal things, like talk and live their lives normally. Their wolves are looser than a normal wolf," Lauren continues, blushing, not leaving her eyes off Malcolm. She puts a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled at Malcolm. 

Lauren was harmless, but Sybilla still didn't like it and showed up in my eyes, flashing some canines to make her back off.

I may or may not let her do it.

"They may be more open on saying what they are thinking and are desperate to find a natural born leader. The stench they leave out is more acidic, but is able to be hidden for humans," Roberto continues, showing some statistics. 

They made a few people smell a hoodie that a rogue wore for a long time. Humans didn't smell a thing, some smelled a tinch of sweat. Wolves smelled puke on it, but only when putting their nose closer.