29. The Ceremony

"Is it too much, I feel like it's too much," I say staring at the mirror, feeling like an idiot. It was the second time that I changed what I was wearing. 

Why was this so hard to choose?

It is not that complicated, I had been master of the ceremony since I was a teenager, I helped my grandma before the big attack. 

This was a regular thing, I would do this almost every three months. Then why am I so damn nervous right now?

You are going to bring a mate to the pack. That is why you dumb human.

Yeah, that small detail... I wanted to forget about that.

"I can feel your wolf pacing around left and right since this morning," My grandma enters my room, a small glint in her eyes. "Someone looks a little on edge."

I sigh, feeling the weight of her words fall down on me.

"I feel like I am a teenager again, waiting for my first date."

"Ah, I remember that day. You were making your mother lose her damn mind, wanting to find the perfect outfit for it. She finally gave you her old prom dress that looked beautiful on you even after all those years," She smiled at me, the glint got even brighter.

I smiled fondly at the memory. My mom was so happy that I had a date that she went all in, she helped me with everything: it was the hair, the nails, the dress, the shoes. 

The problem was that my dress got ripped when I wore it that day, giving me and my mom only 40 minutes to find another dress for me to wear.

But nothing was like the pretty red dress that I specifically bought two days before. My mom went completely feral, she wanted this for me for so long. 

She wanted me to find my mate and have my fairytale ending.

So when my middle school crush asked me out on a date, my mom went through the roof of happiness. She thought he was my mate, why because he was the son of our pack doctor, a good boy, she liked to say.

"I know what could go perfect for today," She told me before entering completely in the room, a dress bag on her other hand, Margot hidden behind the door, giggling. 

I arched my eyebrows, surprised and giddy.

They both enter, looking so happy with their dress bag. I open it and gasp.

My mother's wedding dress.

It a beautiful tulle wedding dress with flower embroidery. A dress that has been through everything. 

My mother used that dress all the time. 

She was in love with it. 

And I remember my dad always looking at her adoringly when she wore it.

I felt tears in my eyes that I wanted to let out. But I didn't, not now. I had just put on my concealer. I am not putting it again, it takes too fucking long to look this good.

"I thought it got destroyed during the attack?"

"Yeah, me too. Margo found it a few weeks back, intact, down in the cells. So we thought this would be great for tonight," My grandma says, making Margo grin even more. "Now go and wear it before I change my mind."

I get rush to the bathroom and they help me with the small zipper on the side. They don't let me look, telling me I needed the whole ensemble to look. 

So Margo helps me with my makeup and it's my grandma that does my hair. 

Even though I couldn't see myself in the mirror, I was amazed that the dress fit me so perfectly.