48. The Talks

I looked at the pictures of the California house another what seemed seven hundred times. There was something that I was missing, but I couldn't clue out what it was.

It was a simple modern looking 4 story mansion, with 9 rooms and 7 bathrooms, a kitchen, a wine cellar with no wine, and a weird-looking laboratory that looked half destroyed by an old fire. 

The wine cellar was replaced to be a temporary cell, from what the team could gather. There was excrement, blood, and piss. So we could only gather that it was a sort of torture/cell for whoever my uncle has imprisoned.

There were testing the blood and the rest of the bodily fluids to see if they could match up with the DNA we found on the severed finger of Diana's little brother, Andries.

The house looked like it was abandoned in a rush. There was still food in some places, beds were unmade. It was a mess. There were thousands of pictures that were sent from our team in the United States with the help of Moon Blood.

This house was a crime scene, but I couldn't see where the crime was. It just looked like a big house with no real home in it. It all looked very generic. No pictures framed, nothing that showed that a family was living there.

I asked the team up in the house to take pictures of everything they could find at least twice, in every possible angle. 

The only thing that really stood out was a scratched poster of a circus and some shackles with fur in them in some of the rooms. They were now testing the fur to see what type of animal it was.

We knew it was wolf fur, but the team back in the US wanted to be sure.

I hear a soft knock and the door and Sybilla growls, not liking to be disturbed when we had so much work to do.

The door opens, nevertheless, and I automatically calm down, recognizing the smell of my visitor.

"I have noticed that you have been very distracted these past few days, Angélique," I look up to see Victrix looking at me from the side. 

I internally groan, craking my neck, looking back at my Aunt.

"It has been very hard and trying days," I try to explain, knowing full way she won't believe my bullshit lie. 

And I was right to believe that. She just nods, giving me her face of 'Yeah, sure'. I roll my eyes and smile at her, all of my exhaustion hitting me one full wave at that moment.

"You've been in your office almost for a week now, what is going on babe?" She asks, petting my hair to the side, making close my eyes in pure bliss.

I needed that. I needed warmth.

And being petted by my aunt was the best feeling ever.

"What is going on in that beautiful mind of yours, Angélique? Apart from that weird conversation you had with your ex and current boyfriend," She asks again, starting to braid my hair like she used to do before.

"I don't just think about my mate as you do, Aunt Vic," I tell her making her giggle. 

"Do you want the truth or just pure bullshit?" I ask her, making her giggle, parting my hair in multiple sections to make more than one braid.

"We both know that I love your bullshit, so go at it."

"Well, I have no idea how we are going to be prepared for this attack. We still have no idea where Lee is and the only clues that we have are complete trash. He may as well be in Wakanda and we wouldn't know."

I hear Victrix laugh, shaking her head. 

"Wakanda is too classy for him. We both know that he is not a classy guy," I laugh at her remark, knowing that to be true.