33. The New...

"Well, it is good to see you, mate," I laugh at Malcolm's greeting while I opened the door to the my-our room. "It is only, almost 2 in the morning." 

I roll my eyes at his sarcasm and shut him up by kissing him deeply.

"I'm sorry for it being so late, but I had a family emergency," I tease back, pinning him down where he was in our bed, reading one of my books on new-green politics.

"Oh, I don't mind you coming late at night if you come to kiss me like that every time." 

I chuckle at his response in between our kissing.

"You would like that, wouldn't you?" I say, getting on top of him, putting the book down. He grins innocently, grabbing my right leg, putting me closer to him. 

"God, I am starving, I need some food, or else I am literally going to faint," I separate myself from him, hand in hand, leading him to the kitchens.

"What you want me to make you?" He asks me, taking a frying pan, while I was looking into one of the refrigerators looking for a quick meal. 

I look at him, surprised, one question in my mind. 

"Yes, Angelica, I know how to cook. I am even a pretty good cook if I say so myself. And to prove it, I am going to make you my favorite dish: pasta."

"Really? How did I not know about this? And pasta of all things," He rolls his eyes at my snark, smirking mysteriously. "Well, it is good to know that my mate can cook, cause I am not that creative," I say kissing his cheek and hugging him from behind.

"So, what happened today, it took awfully long," He asks, while I was sitting at the counter, taking some m&m's that was in a bocal next to me, devouring with my eyes the hunk of a mate I had. I get surprised by the question.

"Oh, you know," I say shaking a hand, getting a little uncomfortable by the question. "Just some pack stuff, really boring. You don't want to know." 

He looked so good cooking for me, putting a cloth in one of his shoulders as if that didn't turn me on. He had to know he was really good at distracting me.

"Are you kidding, I am kind of the second Alpha, I want to know what's going on," Malcolm says, smiling at me. 

Right.

He is the second Alpha. I totally forgot that important part.

He is supposed to work with me? Right?

How does this work?

I feel like this is a trap.

"Of course, this is something you should know," I emphasize the 'is', trying to drill in my brain this new piece of information. How did I forget the important part of being a second Alpha is to help me with my job?

I really need a book that tells me what to do with one's mate when you are an Alpha.

And as if sensing my dread, Malcolm smiles guiltily.

"I was kind of hoping you hadn't forgotten about me this early on in the relationship."

"Oh, Goddess, no! I just totally forgot the part where you are supposed to help," I confess, feeling pale. He just chuckles, while putting the spaghetti in the boiling water. 

"Yeah, Olympe told me that would happen with us," He tells me, grabbing my legs to put me closer and kiss me in my mark. I gasp.

I gasp for two reasons, one was for his incredible lips that were not helping for all the lust I was feeling for him. The other was the audacity of the old woman snitching on me.