39. Aliénor

I haven't seen Malcolm since out fight. At least not alone.

We would bump into each other from time to time, but we were never alone.

At nights I would be outside in the woods and sleep there. 

Last night I was near my brother's house in my wolf form trying to find a comfortable place to sleep. I love sleeping outside in my wolf form, but gosh darn it, I hate it when it rains.

My coat gets wet and smells like a wet dog. And I am not a dog.

I am a pussy. I am a coward. I do not like confrontation with my mate. But not a dog.

How is that any better? We are Alphas, how are you not feeling like a complete failure?

Simple, do as I do, ignore it. 

I was in a very snappy attitude the whole week. It strained my already strained relationship with my family, but it got even worse with Sybilla. 

"Angel! Please come! I need your help!" The strong voice and desperation of Lilith woke me up from my rest in one of the tall trees. Without even thinking I started running to the direction of the small cottage house of my family.

I see an open window in the back of their house and jump on it, shifting to my skin before touching the floor of their house.

A light gets switched on and I was in the corridor of their house where Morgan and James met me with a hoodie and shorts that he probably got from Lilith.

"What is it? What happened?" I whisper shout at them while putting the clothes on, before hearing a horrible cry from the green door at the end of the corridor. That was Aliénor's screams.

"Aliénor has been crying for almost an hour now, nothing seems to be calming her. She has been asking for you," Morgan tells me, taking James in his arms. 

James looked completely terrified not understanding why his sister was crying so hard.

Another hard scream invaded the house again and I bolt to her small room.

Aliénor room's was made by both me and Morgan when Lilith was almost 7 months pregnant with her. James was there helping out with however he could. It wasn't helpful but he was adorable and we did paint the hands of the whole family on the walls. 

Fairylights were up in the roof, where the window roof was where you could see the foggy night. 

Lilith was there, tears on her eyes, looking completely distraught, in her pajamas, tapping the door of the closet.

We made all closets in the dome-cottages bulletproof and protective for all the families that lived in these types of housing. You could close them from the inside if you had trespassers. They were shields. They even had a fake trap on the ground where a bunker was. 

We are prepared for anything, so this is for worst-case scenarios.

I question her with my eyes and she just nods at the door.

"She won't come out. She says we need to hide from the bad guys. I don't understand what is happening!" She tells me, tapping the closet's door once again.

I put a hand on her shoulder, giving some small feeling of calmness, making her look tired but less scared.

"Ali? It's Aunty Angel," I say sitting next to Lilith, putting a hand on the closet for the small child to feel it. 

"Aunty Angel! We have to hide! Hide! We have to hide!" Aliénor's cries slowed down, she was now sniffing, but the desperation in her voice was palpable.