9. Rebuilding what is broken

What I didn't expect from that is the influx of people we got later that month. Wolves from all over the world came and helped us rebuild our pack. They were not Alphas, they had no important status, no money, no real home. 

They came because of my speech, because of how I touched them with what I said. These were the people who were neglected by their own Alphas and packs. 

They were the families and individuals that wanted a better world for them.

So that is what we did with Morgan. We knew that the influx of immigrants was only going to grow so we specialized on economic and space intelligence in our households. 

We found out that having domes as homes was the best for the environment and for the people who live inside. It was great for the air conversations (for the warm and cold weather), the space was better distributed. We used a strong type of glass and concrete, making it perfect for nature to rise above the dome, a perfect harmony between humans and nature.

The packhouse was totally destroyed by the attack, so we had to calculate how big we wanted to make the houses and the packhouse. 

We needed at least 500 individual domes for the families of more than 3 people and 300 rooms for the newlyweds or less than 3 people inside the packhouse. Today, those numbers have grown and each time we had to build more individual housing.

Then, one of my main priorities was that my people knew how to fight. Because we had no place to have the classes, we had to build a gym and combat room. So in-between constructions, I would teach everyone the bases of combat. 

A few months passed and we were finally able to use our new pack gym. I was explicit that everyone in my pack would know how to fight. Each and one of them would finish the year by knowing how to bear arms, know krav-maga, Aikido, and know-how to track.

I wanted everybody ready for another attack. It may look that I was paranoid, but fuck it, I was not going to let anything happen to them. 

Plus at that time I was drinking and taking meds, just to knock out the awful feeling of survivor's guilt and depression. I would pretend to be strong in front of the pack, but at night I would completely destroy myself. It was thanks to Margot and my grandmother that I got anything done and helped. But at the moment I was awful to them.

Fast forward to 5 years later, I was clean for almost 2 years and my pack was thriving. We were a legend, the legend of the place that helped the Omegas of the world, that they had a space in this pack. We had an enterprise in our name where we would build small but powerful solar-powered objects. 

Everybody that came here looking for political asylum had a chance at education, meaning they could live here and get an education but then you had to work for the pack for at least 5 years to 'repay' us. It was a win-win not only for them, but we really needed help.

Most of them end up staying. Not only because the quality of life was better here, but because they liked how the community was here. We had handymen who became architects, cleaners becoming interior designers, cooks becoming chefs, and gardeners. It was amazing what education transformed them.

Of course, we did receive retaliation from the other Alphas and packs. They would distort some of the stories, change my image. I was no longer the youngest Alpha and a female. I became a monster, like a communist dictator. 

The video of mine was no longer going in the air. But they didn't expect the real power of the internet though. But still, it did hurt that I was in the eyes of some wolves as a monster. The stories were not flattering at all.

It wasn't always rainbows and sunshine either. We did have a lot of problems with the water quality for a long time. 

We even had an epidemic with a virus for a year. We had no real doctor and our kids and we weren't vaccinated. It took a real toll on us. It was horrifying seeing the quarantine place, with all those kids and sick people suffering.