7. 32 prisoners

We were interrogating the prisoners for the last three hours, most of the 32 didn't have enough information for us. 

They were mostly hired by a third party. They accepted being hired by someone they didn't even meet because they were desperate for shelter and food and had no other choice.

"You have to understand, Alpha Crest. I just really needed the medicine for my grandson. He is just a little baby, his mother and I tried so hard to obtain it. The mister told us they needed people to just raid your storage and that was it." The woman was around 40, she was very frail. 

Her black hair was on a low bun and she couldn't stop crying. My heart was constricted for both her daughter and her.

"Where are they now," I ask her, Rosy taking notes beside me. 

We were in a small living room with warm colors decorating it. 

We were sitting on soft couches. 

It looked like a doctor's reception and we made it on purpose for people to feel more comfortable. There is tea, coffee, and different types of pastries. These people were so hungry that we had to restock the stack of pastries multiple times these past few hours.

The old woman started to cry, again, a scared look covering her body.

"Miss Andre," I get close to her and let my wolf come out and reflect on my eyes, to show I was giving her a vow. She immediately calmed down and stopped crying, locking her eyes on mine, mesmerized.

"I give you my word, the word of an Alpha, I will protect them. We have a great pediatrician here that could help your grandson. I know you had no real say in what happened. There were no casualties. Everything is alright now."

She was flabbergasted, she started sobbing, this time with some hope in her eyes.

"I don't understand, Alpha Crest. I was sent to hurt you and your pack. Why in the world would you do this? Why would you help me?" For a moment she looked like a small child, lost in this world. 

My wolf and I came out and gave her a protective way. I give her a small smile.

"Miss Andre, perhaps the stories of this pack may have been a little exaggerated. But we are not as cruel as the stories, I can assure you. You were sent to this place to disrupt, not to hurt. I know you never had a real intention of hurting us," I walk around the room, looking at her in every question.

She would only nod, still on her guard. I sigh, this woman has been dragged through hell, she had no reason to trust me.

"Miss Andre, would you want to be in a pack?" It was Rosy who asked, giving her a warm smile. The woman looked even more confused and surprised.

"I would love to be in a pack, miss. But nobody wants an old woman, her teenage daughter, and a rogue baby. I know no pack that would accept us. You can bribe me with that. Plus I have nothing to say anymore, I told you everything. I have nothing else for you," Her face showed her sadness and hollowness. 

She has been through enough for my taste. I look at Rosy, raising my eyebrow, making her nod.

"Miss Andre, we are not saying we want to bribe you, nor we are thinking of sending you in another pack." I put my hand on hers and she looks back into my eyes, looking for a hint of mockery or lies. 

"I want to accept you in my pack. I would like to be your Alpha. To protect you and your family. I want you to enter the Blood Crest Pack if you'd like."

This was the 31st who got the invitation to enter the pack and every time I did, the person came out or in tears or pure shock. They couldn't believe what I was giving to them.