50. Marcus

"Mal, I'm fine. I just fainted. Go back to the banquet, they need at least one Alpha with them," I tell him, trying to push him, but I was feeling too weak to make him.

Apparently, everybody got scared when they saw me just faint in the middle of the banquet. Luckily, Malcolm came by my side the second I closed my eyes, so I didn't hurt my head when I fell.

So now I just had to make Malcolm go back to the ballroom and tell everybody I was fine. Or hope that Marcus comes back with the tests telling I was just a little dehydrated. But Malcolm wouldn't budge.

"I do not want to leave you. You fainted, Angie! It could be serious!" I roll my eyes, even though I was secretly loving how scared he was for me.

"Malcolm, please. We can't scare our pack like this. Just go down and tell them I am fine, just a little dehydrated, make a joke about how we should all drink more water!" I say, still not making him feel any better.

"Alpha Malcolm, if you don't go down to the room right at this moment and tell those scared people that I am okay I am... I am going to withdraw sex until the attack," I say, trying my best not to barf at my own words.

Why did I say I would withdraw sex? And why that long?

He frowns, not liking my threat, but not knowing if I was bluffing or not.

"You wouldn't," He says, trying to see through my bluff.

"I am dead serious," I say, trying to hide the dread I was feeling just imagining myself not being able to touch my mate like that for that long.

"You can't do that. You can't just withdraw sex like I am a punished kid," He says, approaching his face into mine, his silver eyes making sinful things to my mind.

"Plus I know as a fact that you wouldn't even support a day without me!" He teases, pushing his lips into mine, making me groan with pleasure.

But before it even started, he separates our lips, a triumphant smirk in them.

"Okay, fine. You're right!" I say, rolling my eyes, grabbing his neck crashing our lips together once more. And like he did to me, I stop before he could deepen the kiss.

"Now go downstairs, do as I say, and run back up like that we can finish what we started, okay?" And like that, he pecks my lips and runs out of the small medical room.

Not even two seconds later, Marcus appears with a paper in hand, looking very concentrated. Or angry, I couldn't really make out.

"Hey, you got my tests! Good, like that you can calm my overbearing mate. He thinks I have a deadly disease right about this moment," I tell him, moving myself to jump out of the bed, but he stops me before I can touch the floor.

"You should maybe rest a little, Alpha," He tells me, his frown growing.

"Alpha?" I ask, feeling uneasy by his voice. "Marcus, what is it? What do my tests say?" I feel a ball of anxiety pressing my chest.

"You're fucking pregnant, Angel!" He tells me, shocking me by both his tone and what he said.

It takes me a long time for the words to register on my mind.

"I am?" I say, trying not to cry of happiness.

"I thought you didn't want children," Marcus spits, even angrier by my reaction. I ope my mouth confused about his outburst. "Or is it that you didn't want to have a child with me?"

Oh. He is talking about that.

"Goddess, Marcus! We talked about that many times! I was 16! Alpha of this pack! And an alcoholic! It could hurt both me and the fetus! I had to get the abortion! What type of life that baby would've had!?" I say back, trying not to scream too much, hoping that no one was outside and could hear this conversation.