35. Family Therapy

I couldn't sleep. 

Neither could Malcolm.

We were now both just laying on my bed, I mean our bed, looking at anywhere but each other. 

Sybilla was losing her damn mind, pushing me to talk to him, but every time I tried,  nos sound would come out.

After our amazing time just a couple of hours ago, we haven't talked about it. It being our fight. It was like I had nothing to talk about with my own mate. 

We have nothing in common on less it is sex? Is that what is happening? 

That thought pains me, it can't be...

I must have something in common with Malcolm or else why would the Moon Goddess pair me with him?

I am losing my damn mind just staying quiet laying in my bed. Our bed! 

Why do I keep doing that?

I am an awful person. 

I look at my phone. Only 7 am. I can already feel people waking up and moving around the packhouse. 

Should I get up?

I look at Malcolm next to me, he has his eyes closed, even though I knew he was awake. I no longer can feel his anger, something else replaced it, something that I didn't want to name.

Sybilla cries out in my head, pained.

Why would the Moon Goddess give me a mate if she knew how horrible of a person I am? That is why I never had a long-standing relationship. I am terrible at taking care of myself!

I am great at taking care of other people, like my pack, but nothing personal. 

We jump out of the bed when someone knocks the door. Who could that be?

"I know you guys are awake, children. Open up!" It was the muffled voice of Grandma Olympe. Why is she here? I glance at Malcolm, expecting him to have an answer, but he looked even more confused than I was.

Malcolm questions me and I just deny. 

"Angélique, open up! Now! I am not going to use my Alpha voice because I know you are a little too old for that," I scuff, rolling my eyes. She perfectly knows she doesn't need the Alpha voice with me for me to do something. So I do, I open the door only half, blocking her way.

"What do you want?" I brutally ask her, not letting even see what was going on inside my room. I did not need an 'I told you so' this early in the morning. 

"Good morning to you too, baby," She says smiling kindly. Goddess, she really knows how to make me feel like a bad person. I force myself to lower my defensiveness and give her a small smile. 

"Good morning, mamma. Why are you here?" I give her the look 'I know you want something'.

"Well, we are going to the gym. So go get ready, with Malcolm. I want you both down in 20," She says smiling.

"What? What are you talking about?" Yeah, that is not going to happen. 

Even less today of all days. I have a lot to do apart from having to talk about the fight with Malcolm. Today was not field trip day, today was going to talk for long hours with my mate about issues even though I much rather drown myself in the acid day. 

Fuck, I really hate relationships sometimes.

"Today is not a good day, mamma. I have a busy day," I tell her, trying to close the door but she uses her supernatural force to block my swing.