13.

I woke slowly, feeling so incredibly comfortable and rested. I hadn't slept so well in I don't know how long. I was confused for half a second, noticing I wasn't in the dingy flat I called home. But it all came back to me. I was in London, in the apartment of the guy I'd met on the train earlier that day. I found the note he'd left me saying he'd be upstairs if I needed him.

I turned on the kettle, desperately needing a drink. I stood at the window, stretching from my toes to my finger tips, looking out across a very sunny London. I couldn't get my head around the days events. But then I added up how long I must've been sleeping for and checked the date on the little radio by his piano. Had I really been out cold for a whole day? I felt really bad for taking up his sofa for so long.

Once my tea was brewed I went back to he sofa, passing a second note left by the front door.

'Gone to work, I'll be back later. Help yourself to food and whatever, but here's £10 for anything you need. Dan.' Next to a phone number and a key. How sweet of him.

Once I'd had my tea I decided I would take the £10 to go and buy something for dinner, to say thank you for taking me in. He hadn't had to do any of this. I felt incredible blessed that our paths had crossed at the right moment.

The area he lived in was really nice. I hadn't paid too much attention on the taxi ride here. But I found a Sainsburys close by and bought everything for a lasagne. I hadn't cooked in years. I'd barely eaten anything for as long. I hoped I could remember how to do it.