67.

I felt my tummy flip as he said our names. That would be the last time I'd be known as Miss Wood. I was about to become Mrs Smith. I watched the receptionist log into her computer and type our names. She then looked past us.

'Witnesses?' She asked. I saw Dans face drop.

'Shit.' He muttered and turned to me. 'I forgot we need witnesses.' I could see the panic on his face.

'Can you ring Sarah and Sophia or someone?'

'They're working. Shit.' Where he was panicking and freaking out, I pulled myself together and ran from the building. Which probably freaked him out even more. I walked up the street and approached the first people I found.

'Excuse me, can I borrow you for ten minutes? I'm getting married and need a witness.' I said to this old lady walking with a shopping cart. I quickly explained to her that I'd just come out of hospital and was marrying the man of my dreams who'd forgotten this very important detail. She seemed over the moon to help. Then I found a workman, hard hat and all and dragged them both back. Dan was white as a sheet until he saw me walk into the building. 'Crisis averted.' I winked.

'Thats why I'm marrying you.' He joked.

The strangers details were taken down and we were led into a little room with half a dozen chairs pointing towards a tiny alter. The workman, Dave, sat on Dans side as Ethel sat behind me. We stood hand in hand in front of the male registrar. He ran through a load of legal lines, but I didn't pay attention. I was staring into the deep blue eyes of my fiancé, trying to keep myself from crying.