74.

I crawled into bed beside her later that night, after spending some time trying to ignore what had happened. I knew I'd fucked up this time. I'd tried to protect her and I'd only gone and pushed her away. I hoped, I prayed, that she could forgive me. If I could just explain to her that I'd done it because I loved her. That she was better than those jobs she'd applied for. That I wanted her to work with me, as a team. She was amazing at what she'd done so far and I wanted to help her be the best.

She was sleeping, or so I'd thought. Maybe subconsciously, she had turned into me and buried her head between my chest and my arm. I played with her hair and caressed her back, wondering what on earth I was going to do to make it up to her. I'd told my new friends that we'd had a fight and without going into much detail, they'd tried to help. I was going to shower her in flowers and love and prove to her that I was sorry for what I'd done.

When I awoke the next morning I found her side of the bed cold and empty. On her pillow was a piece of paper pinned down with the ring. And I knew immediately that she was gone. I didn't need to read the one word she'd written to understand.

'Sorry x'

The End Of Part One

Stay tuned for Part Two. I will post a link here and if you're not already following me, then go ahead and follow and you can get updates when it's posted :)

And as always, thanks for reading, commenting, voting. It's always a pleasure writing for you amazing folks.