57.

Dan decided to go off and meet this Will guy on his own while I stayed home and rang a few venues to see what dates and prices were like. We certainly weren't hanging around. I'd never been so excited. Like I'd told him earlier, I'd never been the sort of girl to dream about her wedding day. I'd never even been to a wedding. I'd seen dresses in shop windows that I'd thought were pretty but it stopped there. I'd never imagined I'd get to walk down the aisle.

It turned out that booking a venue, church or anywhere else for that matter, was expensive and there were waiting lists of up to three years. I didn't want to wait that long! Then there was the whole wedding license and attending church weekly if we wanted to do it properly. I didn't have my birth certificate. I didn't know if I was even christened. I'd stepped into a minefield of hiccups.

I got into my pyjamas, made some hot chocolate and got comfortable in bed with the laptop. I began scrolling through websites for themes. We'd worry about the administration side of things another time. I didn't want anything spoiling this day. Even if I wasn't actually spending it with my fiancé. Who was crudely getting drunk in a pub with someone he'd never met before.

*i like this guy. Staying out for a few beers. Sorry babe. Wedding planning when I get home. Ilu*

I couldn't even be mad at him. I was glad he'd found someone, finally. I glanced down at the plastic ring and grinned.

*ilu 2*

All this wedding business was giving me a headache. I found a fresh book from the shelf and began reading as it got dark outside. It was a couple of hours later when there was an almighty banging at the front door. It made me jump. Who the hell was that? It was a little late for visitors. Dan had a key. Or maybe he'd lost it in his drunken state. But before my hand touched the handle, the door came crashing open.