31.

I found it hard to keep my emotions in check as Dan and I slow danced to some music I'd never heard before but really liked. It was almost like a lullaby. And the way he held me so close but so carefully just made my mind race. What was this? This was far more than him just helping me out with a place to stay. At first I'd put it down to him showing me affection I'd so craved. But now it was something more. Something deep and intense. He liked me enough to take me for nice meals, to allow me to buy nice things, to keep me company at night. But did I like him more than that? If I had the money and the means I would've done the same for him. And that answered my question.

Could he hear my heart in my chest? Could he sense what I was feeling? I tried to just go with it, trying not to think too much into it all, but it was hard when his hand was softly caressing my back. And his thumb was making circles against my palm. I felt sick with nerves and anticipation.

I looked up to him, a whole head taller than I, and found him smiling down at me. I didn't know what came over me, just being caught up in the moment, but I tiptoed up and placed a small kiss on his cheek. I drew back and we stopped moving. It was only a second but it felt longer, before he kissed me back on the lips. My skin began to tingle and my knees felt like they'd give way. A warmth rushed through me that I couldn't hide.