34.

I'd been excited about getting home all day. I couldn't wait to kiss her again. I'd been replaying it over and over in my mind, making work very difficult. It had been her that kissed me first, I hadn't made the first move. And that said a lot. I hope she wasn't weirded out.

But when I got home, she was upstairs sleeping. I don't know what I'd expected but it certainly threw me off. I wanted to ask what she wanted for dinner. I knew nothing could've topped the previous nights food, but I'd like to try. I waited a while but she never came down. And then I felt awfully uncomfortable. What if she was hiding away from me because she regretted what we'd done? Not that we'd done anything wrong. It had only been kissing.

Maybe she was just super tired? I went up to bed on a stomach of toast and got in beside her. She must've been out like a light because she never snuggled into me. It sure did nothing for my confidence.

And that was how things were for the next two days. I text her and got only short replies back.

*I'll be back at 4. How's job hunting going?*

*ok*

*It's going ok or ur ok? Lol*

*both*

And even when she was awake when I got home, she just sort of sat there, looking at the tv but not really watching it. She didn't want to come out anywhere. She'd just sort of faded away. I felt incredibly guilty.

'Are you ok?' I asked her. I'd found her laying on the bed after dinner, curled up into a ball just staring out the window. She nodded. 'If this is about the other night, I....'

'No. I just....I don't feel well, that's all.' She said quietly.

'If something's bothering you, you'd tell me, right?' I put my hand on her shoulder and she nodded, but didn't actually look at me. I didn't want to push her too much. I said goodnight and slept on the sofa.