37.

'There is something you can do for me.' He said with a sly grin.

My head began to race. I knew there'd be a catch to this all. I'd been waiting for this for two weeks. I was glad it was sooner rather than later. I knew what I had to do. It had always been the way I'd got myself out of trouble and made Steven happy. It was how is been making him money when I couldn't steal enough to sell. Without hesitation, I walked over to him and slammed my mouth against his and began unbuckling his belt.

'Woah!' He dived backwards, batting my hands away.

'I'm sorry.' I said, terrified. 'We'll go up to the bed and I'll-'

'No! No no no. That's not what I'm asking you to do. Gosh...is that what he used to make you do...?' It was all too much. I'd fucked up big time and then gone and made it even worse. I collapsed to the ground, sobbing. I hung my head in shame, hiding my tears behind my palms. I'd tried for so long to hold on and keep myself together. He crouched down in front of me, prying my hands away and holding them tightly, but not forcefully. 'Lily...tell me what happened.' He said so softly.

'I can't.' I cried.

'You're safe here. I want to help you.'

'No one can help me.' I whispered.

'I want to try.'

'You shouldn't have spoken to me on the train, I'm bad news. I'm no good for anything.'

'I don't believe that for a second. Please? If you tell me, then I can help you. Let me help you.' I took a deep breath in. There was no point in lying anymore.

'I'm a prostitute, Dan. A whore. My boyfriend has been forcing me to sleep with men so he can buy crack and sell it. I'm a fucking whore.' I said loudly.

I could just see his face through my tears. And it wasn't the reaction I'd expected. It wasn't pity or disgust. It was almost as though he was relieved.

'No one deserves what you've been through. Especially not someone as amazing and beautiful as you.'

Beautiful? I had been called a lot of things over the years, but beautiful was not one of them. I looked up at him from my safe spot on his chest.

'I wanted to ask you to go out with me, on a date. A real date.' He laughed, breaking the tension. I shook my head but laughed sourly.

'Bet you don't want to ask me anymore, now you know what I am.'

'You're not that person anymore.'

'I am. I always will be.'